It's been over two years. I still think about her 2-3 times a week.?

It's been over two years since I broke off my engagement to her. I regret it all the time. At the time I Felt mildly suffocated and slightly trapped. I had never been in a relationship like I had with her. With marriage only a few months away (we almost eloped, but I backed out of that) I broke it off. Now all I do is miss her. Sometimes I completely break down. I compare every other girl I date to her. I break things off with any other girl I find because things just don't feel right. I guess I'll figure out any reason to let them go. I refuse to compromise though. What do I do? I Want to be over her. I need to be passed this. I feel lost though.

30

Most Helpful Girl

• You broke up with her because... you were afraid to get marfied or what?
    And yeah 2 years is a long time but you guys were very committed, about to get married and you 'made a mistake' and dumped her.

You just gotta find someone else that will make your head crazy again.

• I know it sounds cliche, but I guess I feared commitment. Especially once it was to be permanent. The idea that this girl was going to be the only girl I was ever going to be with again was slightly terrifying at the time. Now it's something I wish I had.

• Well, you messed up. You can only move on now. And dude, feared of commitement. You should have thought about that before you got engaged