What do I do if a girl starts crying because I want to break up with her?

We haven't been doing much together, and I wanted to focus on my studies because my grades dropped from an B+ to a C- so i decided to break up with my girlfriend. Here's our conversation:

Me: Hey babe, I'm really sorry to break this to you but I don't think we can go on with this relationship anymore

Her: Why? Is there something wrong? You think I treat you too badly? Do you have other girls you like? Is that why?

Me: You know I've been doing really badly, besides, we haven't been talking much, i just feel like i need to focus more academically.

And it ends here, because she started breaking down into sobs, and i couldn't do anything. I gave up trying to console her, so i just told her, I'll think about our relationship again at home.

I really don't know what to do right now? I don't want her to cry again, but i really want to break up with her. What do i do?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• So what she cried, she will get over it eventually. You did what you had to do and what you need to do now is to focus on your academics and other things. If she cries again, thats her choice and you can't really do anything about it. Trust me, breakups are difficult but be strong and move on.