Is my ex-girlfriend trying to fuck with my emotions? If so, why?

So my ex-broke up with me about a month and a half ago. Ever since, it seems like she has been trying to make me angry/jealous.

The first week after our breakup, she posted this album on her fb called "independence :)". That album is basically her and her friends (the bitchy ones) going to a club and taking pictures with a bunch of dudes. I was angry but I chose not to react and to take the high road.

The week after, her and I ended up at the same party. She spent the night grinding with guys while simultaneously looking at me. Later in the night, I was on a couch talking to a girl and my ex saw so she took the guy that she was grinding with and started to full-out hook up with him. Again, I chose the high road and I said hi to her at the begin of the party and didn't acknowledge her when she was grinding and hooking up.

Over the month since our breakup, I have made a full recovery. The first week sucked but afterwards things got better. I did well on my exams, I went to some parties, hung out with my friends and was happy again. My ex girlfriend, who I see at school everyday, saw that I was getting better and--last night--sent this long text rant saying that she misses me and that she wants to know how I am doing.

Why is my ex doing this? Is she trying to fuck with my emotions? If so, why?

61

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm just going to come right out and say it that this is really bitchy of her. She's just doing it to try and make you jealous and if she is wanting to stay friends with you or anything then she is going the wrong way about it. I don't know why but some girls just go on this "I'm free now I can do whatever I want" thing and choose to screw around. Keep saying nothing to her about this stuff and if you are around when she is doing it just completely ignore her - don't give her the privilege of your attention.

What Girls Said 5

• She's a bitch. No one in their right mind does that. Please, just don't ever acknowledge her. She's immature and she wants attention. She is most definitely trying to fuck with your emotions, don't give her the time of day. Maybe she still has feelings for you but she really isn't worth your time.

• Ugh…god she sounds terribly immature, I'm sorry to say. If that's not her playing mind games with you, then I don't know what is. You're right to get back on track and move on from her.

• Definitely wanted to make you jealous and was being immature about it. Now that she sees your doing fine, which isn't how she wanted you to be (she wants you to miss her, talk with her and try to get her back but for her to rub in your face how she is enjoying herself with other guys), she wants you back. Did you end up texting her back?

• May I ask why you guys broke up? She is playing the get jealous game. If she does this, you react, you take her back. If in the relationship she thought you were not giving her enough of something; attention, sex, respect, etc. She figured she would go out on her own and show you what she wanted. In my own opinion, I think she just wanted that feeling of you being jealous, thats how she made herself feel better. Another thing you can consider, is that girls do stupid stuff too. We think at one moment "Oh, this is a good idea, im gonna do it!!" and later we kick our self in the ass because we either lost a great guy or it was just a very bad choice.

• Yes, she is.
    Because that's how she is.

What Guys Said 1