An ex is an ex for a reason. I don't think so?

Have you ever heard of that saying? I don't know who made that up because in my opinion, I think if they are meant to be then the ex will get back together with the significant other.
What is your thoughts? And why do you think this?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• no if you were "meant to be" you will meet in different points in your lives when you have both changed and become different people.

but usually when that happens, you've moved on and don't want them back anyway.

taking back someone when they haven't changed, when all the problems are still there, that is just stupid and usually because people get worried they'll never find someone else. the same problems will arise, which is why people will always think "you broke up for a reason".

What Girls Said 3

• Nope sometimes 2 people in love who just start dating dont know how to deal with the down part to the relationship and dont exactly know hw to compromise with their significant other and so they break up but of course because theyre so crazy for eachother they can't stay away from one another and so they end up together again except for this time things go more smoothly because each person has learned how to deal with problems that pop up regarding one another which is to talk it out and compromise...

• Yes. I agree with that statement. But for me, why reasons are very valid and my feelings on those values haven't changed at all.

• yes, i think quite alike. mostly because i hooked up with my ex again :)

What Guys Said 2

• Personally, people break up for a reason. But if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. You could split up, take time away, and when you meet up agin, if all the issues that split you guys up in the first place are resolved, and you're not seeing anyone, why not? I have people tell me " I leave my past behind me" which I agree with, but at the same time, if that person holds Merrit with you, and is a better place, you're a jerk not to give it another shot.

• An ex is an ex for a reason. There is always a reason why someone is your ex. That reason could be something simple and no big deal like just felt like you didn't connect or the reason could be something big like them being psychotic, but there is always a reason why someone is your ex.

• I think after three bad break ups, most of the time an ex is an ex for a reason

• There is always a reason why an ex is an ex. Always. Even after the first break up.
      If you can ask yourself this question, "Why did we break up?" and you have an answer for that question then you have the reason.

• Even if your answer to that question is IDK, if your ex can answer that question, then there is a reason.