Should I return the perfume he got me since we broke up?

Even though it was mutual I'm very hurt and heartbroken, the break has affected him in no way and still texts me like nothing has happened with the acknowledgement that we're not together anymore.

Anyways, I've decided to return the hoodie he gave me and all the cards that he made for me, tomorrow. Is it appropriate to return the perfume he got me for Christmas as well? I've always wanted that brand but now every time i put it on it reminds me of him and I just want to give it back amongst the other things. Is this okay? Or am I just supposed to throw it out?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It is generally inappropriate to return anything to him, unless they belong to him.

If you do not want to keep gifts such as the hoodie or perfume, then the proper thing to do is to throw them away. Giving them back to him only indicates you are bitter, resentful and petty. Why? Because you know damn well there's nothing he can do with the returned items except toss them out himself.

What the heck do you expect him to do with returned perfume? How about returned love notes and cards with your name in it? Do you expect him to give it to someone else?

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I honestly wouldn't return anything to him. They were gifts to you. What is he supposed to do with them? He'll most likely just throw them away, so save yourself the trouble and throw away/donate the stuff that you don't want anymore.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• its okay to keep it since it was a gift for you. but if you don't want it because of the memories then you can just toss it.

0|0
    0|0
  • keep it.. and its memories !!! if u don't want to be reminded of him.. then just throw it away !!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• If it was mutual and he gave it as a gift, then keep it. What is he going to do with the stuff he bought for you? You should keep everything because that's what people do when they break up unless it's something of real value like an engagement ring or family heirloom.

0|0
    0|0
  • Return it or give it away since it reminds you of him. I donated a necklace from an guy to charity, so it could help others.

0|0
    0|0
  • ... Free perfume? :) Sorry, I've never been too good with the emotional side of relationships.

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha part of me is thinking that way too. Like fuck it i'll keep the perfume and enjoy it.
      I've given him stuff too, he'll probably keep em.

• There you go :)

Recommended myTakes