Boyf started crying when he broke up with me? wtf?

my boyfriend broke up with me a few weeks ago, he started crying saying like you have more time to do your own thing, sorry i screwed up, you deserve better, you can call/message me anytime, we'll catch up, i just dont want a relationship right now etc et

idek, if he was breaking up with me.. why would he cry? he's also not the crying type

44

Most Helpful Guy

• My girlfriend did that to me too, and then she was with another guy. I honestly have not had a lot of experience with this, but in my opinion it is because maybe it makes them feel better about what they are doing ( less guilty) or because they really are that insecure and inconsistent. Maybe it is because they truly are torn, but if this is the case his actions should show that.

• yeah fair, a part of me feels like he's met someone better, a part of me feels that he wants it but he can't commit, so confused, i don't know the crying part got me.

• true

• Yep, hopefully you are doing the NC

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry to hear about your breakup.

He was probably crying because he cares about you--you can have feelings for someone and not want to be in a relationship with them.

• "... you can have feelings for someone and not want to be in a relationship with them. "
      (applause)

• what do you mean if you have feelings but don't want to be in a relationship with them? (sorry f its a dumb quesiton)

• Haha :P Thanks, Bluemax.

Asker - I just meant to say that love is sometimes not enough to make a relationship work.