Boyf started crying when he broke up with me? wtf?

my boyfriend broke up with me a few weeks ago, he started crying saying like you have more time to do your own thing, sorry i screwed up, you deserve better, you can call/message me anytime, we'll catch up, i just dont want a relationship right now etc et

idek, if he was breaking up with me.. why would he cry? he's also not the crying type

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• My girlfriend did that to me too, and then she was with another guy. I honestly have not had a lot of experience with this, but in my opinion it is because maybe it makes them feel better about what they are doing ( less guilty) or because they really are that insecure and inconsistent. Maybe it is because they truly are torn, but if this is the case his actions should show that.

1|0
    0|0
    • yeah fair, a part of me feels like he's met someone better, a part of me feels that he wants it but he can't commit, so confused, i don't know the crying part got me.

• Show All
    • true

• Yep, hopefully you are doing the NC

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry to hear about your breakup.

He was probably crying because he cares about you--you can have feelings for someone and not want to be in a relationship with them.

0|1
    0|0
    • "... you can have feelings for someone and not want to be in a relationship with them. "
      (applause)

• what do you mean if you have feelings but don't want to be in a relationship with them? (sorry f its a dumb quesiton)

• Haha :P Thanks, Bluemax.

Asker - I just meant to say that love is sometimes not enough to make a relationship work.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• The crying would signify he has feelings for you. As to why he would break up with you when he has feelings for you is beyond me.

1|0
    0|0
    • he says he hasn't seen his mates for so long and doesn't want to be the type of guy that says 'i can't come sorry im seeing my girlfriend' etc etc, he says its too hard to juggle me, uni, work and his own social life, i don't know its just annoying cause now i feel like i was a waste of time to him (we where together for 6 months)

• Maybe he had an personal emotional situation that he was embarrassed to talk about... and felt saddened about what he felt he had to do...

1|1
    0|0
  • yeah, nice guy behavior again. Call 999 to wake him up

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• maybe he is going trough some problems right now and he doesn't want to hurt you, and right now he feels he can't handle a relationship because of the problem, by what he is saying, it seems he cares about you allot.

0|0
    0|0
  • He must really love you if he cried in front of you. It was probably difficult for him to break up with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Breaking up is painful. People cry when they're hurt

0|0
    0|0
    • but he's the one breaking up with me, so its more of me getting hurt not him

Recommended myTakes