How long does it take to get over a 4 year relationship?

I'm so sad and hurt breaking up with my fiance of 4years he doesn't seem to want to change, and basically we don't love each other anymore to even try... it hurts me deeply and I don't known if he even cares?

36

Most Helpful Guy

• Well it depends on a few factors. Did he end it or did you or was it mutual? Most people have a rule to never try to change a person unless it's totally something that HAS to change (like really bad habits and such.) If you truly don't still love him in your heart it shouldn't take to long to get over it and start fresh and new, but if you do still love him it can take a very long time if you cannot let the feelings go. He might be over you if he no longer loves you deep down inside too. I wouldn't worry about how he is feeling too much. Focus on you and YOU first in this situation. Trust me he is doing just that right now as well. Good luck and hope this helps you! :D

• He's doing what? Focusing on himself?

• Yes I mean he is focusing on getting himself over you and I think that rather than have you worrying about how he feels as well as yourself you should focus on getting over him. If you worry about his feelings you will just be spending time guessing. Take care of your emotions I say first. Get over him and you will be more free again. Do you get me now? I think you did anyways but just want to be sure okay. Cheers :D

Most Helpful Girl

• Men deal with feelings in different ways, they don't show as much as girls do.4years is a long time maybe he still cares but not as much as he used to. It takes time and if you didn't love each anymore well I guess it won't be difficult to let it go. Sometimes we stay in the past thinking what if. In time the pain will go away.