"the other guy was for a day, she chose me for ever! " Would you take your SO back if they did that to you?

Saw a movie with Jennifer Aniston, don't remember what is called. (if someone knows please tell me) . It was actually based on a true story from what i remember reading on the internet at that time.
The story goes that the girl leaves her own wedding while her fiancee was waiting in front of the altar.
She leaves with some other dude and goes to Mexico for a week. You can imagine what happens there.
She comes back, her fiancee takes her back and actually marry eventually.
One day their daughter asks him why he took her back and he says something along the lines "the other guy was for a day, she chose me for ever !"
Was he a sucker? Would you take your SO back if they did that to you?

13

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not a fan of second chances when it comes to matters of character. If a woman cheats on me, then the relationship is over. "I chose that other person for a day, but I chose you forever!" Pfft! If you chose me forever, then you wouldn't have chosen the other person, not even for a day. I would not choose to be in a relationship that could potentially lead me to teach my children that it's good to overlook cheating. If you teach a child that, then you can expect the child to pull that line out in the future when they get caught cheating. "I chose that other person for a day, but I chose you forever! So take me back baby, please!" Pfft! Children shouldn't be raised to think that way.