Anyone else feels they need approval from someone after being divorced?

I'm in my late 20's, really never had a hard time attracting a man. But I've been single almost 2 years now, not in a rush to date at all.

I've been suffering from depression, not sure if it was masked by the pain I was feeling due to a toxic marriage and has been there all along (I'm thinking yes, perhaps) or if it's new.
And on top of that I've gotten quite a bit overweight, very controlling about what I eat.

I would just love to hear someone that I love and trust, in a relationship setting, that they think I'm beautiful or that they like me how I am, or I should eat better or take care of myself.

I don't know why I feel this way. I try to do this for myself. I don't believe myself. I don't love myself.

Does anyone else feel like they're in this black hole, too?
Also I mean UNDERWEIGHT... I am on my ipad.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Well try being 45 after being with someone 25 yrs. more then half you life.
    the only way to get over it is to work on yourself first.
    once you are ok with yourself then start dating.
    women contol dating so you will have your choice. it is harder for women online because you have to weed through a lot of scumbags but there are good guys out there...

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah not really.. everyone's opinion of me always rings in at second best where I'm concerned but the problem I'm having is that sometimes I'm way too hard on myself. You are also probably being too hard on yourself... What do you think of yourself?

• and why...

• I think it would help to be convinced/shown otherwise I suppose

• It would be positive reinforcement but if you don't love yourself, no one's opinion will really matter in the end.. I promise you that : [