Ex broke up with me but still text me and tells me that he loves me and he thinks about me. What should I do?

My ex broke up with me about two months ago. He wanted to be friends but I told him I can't be his friend and I'd rather lose him at all than be his friend. He even said im selfish when I told him that and that it wasn't love that I feel for him I was just so hurt and I honestly don't know what to do now. I was devastated when he broke up with me. I ended up accepting the friendship because I really don't want to lose him but ithurts me. he is being so numb and being so insensitive with his actions, he sometimes tells me that he is thinking of me and that he loves me. It hurts me more! I don't know what to do! He loves me but doesn't want a relationship with me. I am confused. He knows that I love him. I am trying not to talk to him. I haven't talked to him in a week now.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds as though he Still cares very much for you, and Still Wants You in his life... Even without strings attached. And with this 'Kissing and Still kissing' meant for you Yet, I believe he May also want a 'Friends with benefits' factor as well. So he most likely wants his cake and eat it too.
    It's your call, your choice if you Still want to remain as a part of the pie, but from the way I am reading, you are Still 'Numb' from the break-up... Yes, still 'In love with him...'
    Do some soul searching. If it Isn't for you, whether friends with or without His benefits, then tell him you think it would be best if you both just Moved on, for you are still licking a few old wounds.
    Good luck. xx

• I don't think he wants to have a Friends with Benefits kind of relationship. We were never really that intimate with each other. though we talked about doing it, we never did. We are both virgins. I think its kind of selfish of him to not to want to have a relationship and still wants me in his life, it hurts so much. I tried talking to him to have him back a few times but I got tired now, my feelings have been hurt and my heart is still breaking from what happened. It's nver easy to move on.

• I know it's hurtful, but it's the old: I don't want a strings attached, hooked at the hip, but I still Need you as my friend. It's up to you how you want to handle him, but no guarantee he will see it again your way. This is even More of a topping to your cake, yes hard to move on. But if you find you can't do it, just have little or no contact. xx