Do you ever completely get over an ex? How do you know when?

I'm over a month through complete no contact (no social media, phone, nothing) in trying to get over my ex. My initial goal was 60 days and over half way there.

I feel it's been successful, in that I feel much more in control of my emotions with regards to her as I don't feel as sad or depressed when thinking of her, and much more at peace.

That being said, I still think about her all the time. I think part of the problem might be that I'm home from school for the summer and so haven't met any new girls and likely won't until I go back to school in fall. But nonetheless, I think about her all the time during the day, and what happened, and I think it's given me clarity and helped me learn from it, and part of me still hopes maybe things would be different someday, though I'm not entirely holding out on this, I realize it is kind of a pipe dream and things will happen as they are meant to be.

I'm just wondering for others if you still think of your ex even when you're "over them" or how you really know you're over them, or if those feelings ever completely go away?

30

Most Helpful Girl

• I think there will always be a special place in your heart for her. You will always have a soft spot for her, but over time you will meet and care about someone new. Eventually, that new person will take a bigger place in your heart and you will be happy again.

I do have an ex that I still think about and miss time to time. However, I care about my current boyfriend more and see us having a future together, rather than me and the ex.

If I were you, I would continue to do what you've been doing and try to hang out with friends, do what you like, and not look for love. Let someone come to you whenever you least expect it, rather than trying to look for it. If you do activities or are busy with friends, you'll be too busy to think about the ex.