Why would my ex boyfriend care?

My ex broke up with me, telling me he didn't have feelings for me anymore. It was fine. I accepted it. I moved on. It has been months.

One day my friend asked about him and we talked about him. My ex knows that I don't want him back anymore. This was in Walmart lol and I started talking about him, but I didn't know that my ex was also at Walmart and near me. He heard everything. I said stuff like I don't think he really loved me and obviously there's better guys out there and stuff.

He talked to me that night to tell me that he DID love me and he didn't want me to think he was a dickhead or anything like any other scumbag. He also said I sounded harsh. He sounded hurt but I don't know if I' looked into it. When we broke up I told him that I really did love him before I moved out. I told him that I meant that and he said "okay thanks I'll remember and think of that when I overhear stuff."

What?

01

Most Helpful Guy

• Exes nearly always DO care. They don't tell you the real reasons they want to break up--sometimes it's just that they don't want to be in a relationship with anyone, but don't want to tell you that.

Exes virtually always still harbor romantic feelings; I'm surprised that you are surprised by that!