Guys, have you ever broken up with your GF to test her feelings for you, as a control tactic?

I had a guy I was dating for 6 months do a 180 and break up with me suddenly in a very cold, cruel way. It seemed almost spiteful because I had unintentionally made him jealous the last time we were together (he is very possessive). As soon as he saw that I wasn't begging him to come back, that I was going on vaca for a month and getting on with my life, he did a 180 again and started calling/emailing me and was open to hanging out again. Is he a control freak and broke up with me to test me and see if I would come crawling back to him? Weird...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Breaking up with you was his immature way of expressing his insecurity and disapproval. It was done an effort to resolve his issues with it, not to control you.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• wow that's crazy. I rarely even give second chances ( only done it once). He is very jealous of your friend and didn't trusted you since you two only went out for 6 months; he barely knows you. The guy couldn't control his emotions and freaked out. eventually everybody turn into control freaks, but do you truly believe that he only wanted control or something else?

1|0
    0|0
  • I never did such a thing.
    I broke up with girls but that was because there was an incompatibility in age or views between us or because she cheated, never to test a girl.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would never do that kinda thing in a million years. I wouldn't get involved with him again if I were you.

1|0
    0|0
  • "I had unintentionally made him jealous"... how?

0|0
    0|0
    • I have a long time male friend that is very wealthy (whose married). My ex knew about him and was a bit threatened by him but I hardly ever see the guy and we talk every few months. I mentioned that I was going to Florida to visit my girlfriend but I was broke, so she was going to pay for my plane ticket. I said that my male friend was going to FLA as well, so to save money, I was going to hitch a ride with him in his car service to the airport. My ex got very silent and didn't say much the rest of the time. A week later he broke up with me coldly, pretty much saying he didn't love me and didn't see a future. Very bizarre. Things were going really well. I never intentionally tried to make him jealous in the past. Also, fyi, my ex was struggling financially and he knew my friend was loaded.

• If he is very possessive, I don't think he would have broke up with you to control you. I think he did it because he was upset then when he realized he could lose you, he changed.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes