Guys, have you ever broken up with your GF to test her feelings for you, as a control tactic?

I had a guy I was dating for 6 months do a 180 and break up with me suddenly in a very cold, cruel way. It seemed almost spiteful because I had unintentionally made him jealous the last time we were together (he is very possessive). As soon as he saw that I wasn't begging him to come back, that I was going on vaca for a month and getting on with my life, he did a 180 again and started calling/emailing me and was open to hanging out again. Is he a control freak and broke up with me to test me and see if I would come crawling back to him? Weird...

06

Most Helpful Guy

• Breaking up with you was his immature way of expressing his insecurity and disapproval. It was done an effort to resolve his issues with it, not to control you.