My parents are divorced and have said they are not looking to get remarried. How will they be grandparents? Will they just be separate?

The question says it all. How will they be grandparents. I've always wondered will I be telling my kids today we are just going to grandpas and tomorrow we are going to grandmas. Has anyone had this experience of divorced grandparents?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Both my parent's parents are divorced so both sets of my grandparents are divorced and that's totally normal to me. you don't need to explain it because if your children are use to it, they will understand.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• My grandparents are both separated snd re re married. You just say you're visiting grandpa or visiting grandma the kid won't think much of it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• They'll be closer to one and barely see the other.

0|0
    1|1
  • They will be grandparents the same way as they are parents to you now. And aren't you a little gulf to be worried about making them grandparents?

0|0
    0|0
  • My grandparents never got married. So I have always seen them separately. My Grandad was single for a large part of my life. It isn't too bad and the kids won't mind (you tend to get more presents). Fortunately for me my grandparents have a good relationship so we often have parties and it is fine with them both together (not awkward)

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes