Does this sound legitimate? Or is he lying to me?

Me and my boyfriend had the most wonderful relationship. We were best friends beforehand, everything was perfect, all that. He had to move away and distance drove us apart. He dumped me. It was messy. We didn't talk for two years.

Fast forward, he moves back into town for college. He contacted me and got emotional, saying he couldn't believe he let the distance get between us and he regretted it so much and was so sorry about everything he'd done. We met up and the spark was still there. We hung out a lot over summer, slept together, acted like a couple. At the end of summer I asked him if he wanted to get back together.

He told me that he didn't see a future with me. He said he loved me so much and really wished things would work out but because of our past (?) and our cultural differences, we would never be married and he would rather try and be friends than date and split like we had before.

He keeps telling me that he doesn't have feelings for me anymore. But one night he let it slip that he was telling me that to push me away so we could still be friends. Whenever I see him, he always cuddles me and holds me.

Why would he keep me around like this? Does he really want to be friends? I'm thinking I should break contact with him. Can anyone help with what he could be thinking?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Next time you see him, this is how you should approach:
    4.bp.blogspot.com/.../...5c4-9efb-a2c71d9de62b.jpg

• Wow it's really that obvious? I feel so blind :-P

• It's the clear convenience factor. Everything he's doing screams "You are convenient and available. I can get what I need without actually being with you."

• Oh I see. Thank you for answering! :-)