How can you define what your ex bf really wants without pressuring him?

So my ex broke up with me about 2 weeks ago and has even told me he started seeing someone else.. I was so crushed.. however when we wld talk (we work together) I wld ask about us and he wld tell me he doesn't want to talk about us right now that all we can be is friends right now and maybe in the future we can be something else.. he broke up with me because he saw guys on my. phone complimenting me and automatically assumed I had a thing with them.. he tells me he cnt trust me right now... however in the times weve hung out he has hugged me tight and kissed me.. I asked days later again about us and he told me to stop pressuring him and to give him space to deal with his issues.. it sucks because he seems like he doesn't know what he wants.. he's talking to this girl he just met (who is also leaving him for 2 wks and she cnt explain why) yet has also kissed me... I wish I knew what was really going on in his mind.. how do I give him space without smothering? How do I make him want me? Why does he cut me off Everytime I ask about working things out etc... what do u think is going on and how can I prove to him or make him see what he is missing without being too far apart or smothering? Please help!!!

11

Most Helpful Guy

• Let him have his space. He's got to work this out in his head. If you really want it to work just be there at work, but don't keep pushing him. You'll completely push him away.

• I feel if I give him space he's going to think I've moved on... so lately I've been trying to be flirty and show him interested or miss him but like I said when I ask him he gets angry he's told me before I dnt want to see you hurt your going to make me want to leave this job... he said you want to show me than just be my friend.. but how do I do that when he's over here spending time with some girl he just met.. why do you think he gee ya a. htm when I try to talk about it?

• Your right... because when I tried to just talk about stuff like friends he wld text me and than one night he kissed me for the first time after our breakup.. that made me realize fight for it.. but than my bff told me he told her he spent time with the new girl and that scared me to I kept asking him to spend time with me.. now he's like scared to spend time with just me.. but I tell him your scared because your afraid of facing your feelings deep down you still have feelings for me.. and that's when he says I dnt want to talk about it.. overall when he works with me like today he was trying to make me smile but I was just answering his? s should I continue to do that or try to joke back? But I feel like if I do this he's going to think im happy again and everything is ok and im never going to get him to talk to me

• Thanks