What does it mean when my husband say "one day at a time" concerning our marriage?

we've been married 23 months and i saw a message my husband had sent to a friend saying he takes the marriage one day at a time and that marriage is really hard and that he think he made a mistake... i know marriage is hard but should it be that hard this early on for him? and does the comment one day at a time mean anything or just simply an expression?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• He shouldn't be saying that behind your back. It shows that he doesn't trust you to communicate or cooperate if there are problems between you.. and they will always be problems between any 2 people.

• this is what i think that he doesn't trust me and could possibly leave one day, if he finds the marriage that hard he has to take it one day at a time

• It doesn't sound as if he's giving up, though. He's willing to keep trying. Don't give up the ship!

What Guys Said 4

• It means he's just getting through each day. You need to have a heart to heart with your husband.

• I would say that one day at a time is all he can handle. If he looks further out it may become overwhelming.

• him being marrried to the person he loves shouldn't be overwhelming, he shouldn't of made the commitment of forever if he can only focus on one day at a time

• My parents have been married 43 years. They have said numerous times that marriage is hard, you may even go through periods were you can't stand the sight of the other one. You will get on each others nerves, you will have major disagreements. One day at a time will help you get through those tough times.

• Are you still banging him on most days of the week, or are there signs that one of you is rejecting the other sexually?
    Sex is a good indicator of the health of a marriage.

• I say "one day at a time" because I never rush head first into anything, I know everything has a start, middle and an end, nothing lasts forever! So I only ever focus on the day ahead and that goes for anything in life, not just relationships.

Some people are forever looking towards the future, but I'm not like those people. I don't live for the future, I live for the present.

• he proposed to me after a couple of months and we were married within 10 months of meeting so he's not one that doesn't rush into anything, it just makes me feel he regrets rushing into marriage so quick

• It sounds like it from what he text! I suggest you sit down and have a discussion about this because If I was in your position, I'd feel disappointed and hurt.

What Girls Said 2

• What you should focus on is that he's still with you. The fact that he might feel overwhelmed is NOT something you can fix. Let him feel what he feels and in the meantime you be yourself - NOT his wife but YOU! Remind him of why he feel for your personality by small actions :-)

• If marriage is hard, you married the wrong person.

• That mentality is why the divorce rate is 50%

• but if you really love someone should it be hard that you can only take it one day at a time?