How long should I maintain NC, how does NC work when it wasn't a clean breakup (e. g., & under what circumstances do I alter NC to fit the situation?

I was dating a girl for about 3 months, had sex 5 times (& got very close), was unavailable (traveling) for 2 months, reconnected by phone/chat for 1-2 months with a few nonsexual encounters, & then was axed. She began dating new guy she is only semi interested in & I am confident she is not having sex with him (but she continues to date him though she recently told me she is planning on breaking it off with him). I applied NC & she came back (this happened a handful of times due to her expressing her desire to be together). She began secretly dating me again for about 1 month while dating this other guy and we even stayed in a hotel room together last week (no sex or heavy petting, just some light petting), however, she remained hot & cold toward me (ambivalent) & I've had difficulty getting more than a few kisses out of her. She says consistently she does not know what she wants & that she is closed off.

I am currently in NC (3 days) but I know she has feelings for me. We've told each other we love each other. I have no plans to contact her. I told her I am not interested in her friendship & to call me if she wants to get together (date). We have not been intimate for 6 months. She lives directly below me w/ her family & she is 26.

1. When do I reciprocate contact if she writes me?
2. Do I bring up getting together if she contacts me or wait until she brings it up (she knows where I stand).

Please don't answer with smart ass responses or if you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

01