No contact rule!!! Does it work?

I'm Not Officially dating this guy, but it actually felt like we were, and we had great times... Anyway he told me that we weren't right for each other without any valid reasons and I did text him after that. and since then I haven't heard from him... I called him from a different number and he answered so clearly he read my text...
I have the urge to text him and even call him and just say all these feelings that I'm going through right now...

So the question is, should I text him? or try the no contact rule? and will it work to bring him back?

What's the mature thing to do?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• There is unwritten rule in dating world and it is quite valid. Yes better not to contact. He made it clear so no need to try. It would be just torture in that case for you.

If you contact it will never make things better, it will be worse. So try to control yourself. It will be difficult but better than suffering in a relationship that you don't belong to.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think the no contact thing will bring him back. It sounds like he just saw something in you that he doesn't really want in a girlfriend. It's most likely something that you just can't change. Sure you can text him. Tell him how you feel. But what can he do about that if he doesn't have the same feelings for you that you do for him. You might be thinking, "I'll change whatever it is he doesn't like about me," but that's just stupid. It's probably a quality that makes you who you are. It's not necessarily a bad quality but maybe it's something he just doesn't find it attractive. That doesn't mean that other guys won't. I don't know what your relationship was like, but pursuing it could be bad for not only him but also you...

• Screw the No Contact Rule its dumb
    The mature thing to do is text him.

What Girls Said 2

• If a guy isn't into you he just isn't. No amount of calling, texting, or not speaking to him will really change that. Actually constantly trying to talk to him will just make him be not into you more. Move on and find a guy who likes you.

• You need to text or call him or just something! No contact NEVER works out!!