How long is a appropriate mourning period?

Dated two months almost, I got attached to her and her kids? How long should I feel like shit? Thanks for the help

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say no longer than 6 months. Sometimes we meet people who blow our minds and it hurts a lot, more than any other person, and it's okay. You'll feel much better if you stay busy and find things to do besides think about her.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thank you, I have taken a huge huge blow on this one. Even my self esteem is shot and that's not "me" at all... that's what I get for letting my guard down I suppose

• It happens to everyone. Just take some time for yourself. Stay well.

• Will do, I appreciate the help. Starting tomorrow I'm rebuilding Jason back up, first order of business is a almost 4 hour motocycle ride to see some friends

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as you need to. Though I'd definitely cut it off after a couple months if that, the sooner you look for someone new the sooner you can find someone to make you feel great again. Just don't settle for less because you feel like you need companionship as soon as possible.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• They say 1/2 the time you knew them... one month maybe?
    Its just a general tho...

I got attached to my Ex's kids too. No contact will heal it faster.
    Outta sight outta mind

0|1
    0|0
    • Will do, I think that's the worst part. Her kids are rambunctious but damn I love them... I still hold out hope she's going to call me in a couple days wanting to talk. I gotta get my stuff from her house

• If it was only two months I would say... a week tops?

0|1
    0|0
    • I'll try, probably going to be longer than a week though. I let my guard down and then got attached to her, her kids and her family. I'm really good friends with her dad.

• It's different for everyone. I'm sorry you feel this way. Try to figure out what works for you. Try to stay busy and do things you love

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks, I'm trying to feel better but it's not working. I'm going to load up my motorcycle and disappear for a few days while I work this out. Our mutual friends were more supportive of me than her. They knew she'd hurt me but didn't say anything. I miss her a lot, it's been a long time since I felt like this and I hate it

• Everything takes time so just keep yourself busy. I guarantee you will for get about her.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm sorry but do you really need to ask this? You obviously don't feel like shit to be asking that

0|0
    1|2
    • Yes I do actually, I'm just wondering how long I'll be feeling sad with a broken heart. And no I didn't cause the break up

What Guys Said 1

• Don' give it more than about 2 days.
    Go out and get banged. That always helps.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes