Why do guys cry when breaking up with their girlfriend?

My best friend (boyfriend) was pursing me for 5-6 months and we were officially together for one month. He broke up with me because he can't make time to be with me, he feels like he can't lead me in a christian relationship right now and he wants to focus on God... he says he still likes me a lot and wants to be with me but he needs to grow up...

why would he cry as he was breaking up with me? he told me when he is ready, he wants to be with me... but I don't know if I believe him...

57

Most Helpful Guy

• well some people dont realize that you dont have to be perfect to be in a relationship. hell always be growing and stuff. its ok. he can grow up and be in a relationship at the same time, becuase he will always be growing up, always growing.

and if he's found someone like you thats worth chasing for 5 months he likes he shouldn't give it up so quickly.

he needs to learn to work it out.

and yeah he's tempted to (lets be honest) go inside. the temptation is always there. Jesus was tempted. we will always be tempted no matter how close to God we get (I go to bible school, been a christian long time btw).

he needs to involve you in it as well. and both of you have to draw those boundaries in agreement.

but also, he seems to know his limits and he doesn't want to push it farther than he can handle. and it seems he doesn't want to make a mistake. and he doesn't want to make you the reason he abstains from sex, but make God his reason.

also, I think he knows if he figures it out with you there then he'll develop a more serious attachment.

• is there hope for him to work this out and want a relationship with me again?

• he told me he still has feelings for me but the wrong ones, what does that mean?

• what it means depends on what he meant by that, or what he was referring to.

he says the wrong feelings, and coming from a christian, that to me sounds like he wants to inside. but he's resisting that. he's trying to not make a mistake. but he needs to understand that he will always have those desires, and having them isn't wrong. god gave them to him. he just needs to control it is all.

and it takes two to tango, so if you both agree to not go (excuse me) balls deep, it won't happen. why? because you can always say no. it takes 2.

What Guys Said 6

• You make this sound like all guys cry when they break up with their girlfriends. LOL. Like others have said he is sad that he has to break up with you when he doesn't really want to. That is why he is crying. Are you saying he needs to grow up because he is crying? That is not about needing to grow up!!! Why don't you believe him?

• He told me he feels like he needs to grow up before being in a relationship with me. I only ask this because this is the second guy I dated who cried while breaking up with me. I don't see it wrong at all, I just don't understand because this was all so unexpected

• No I never said it did mean he will end up coming back... It was just one of the posiablitys... I think what you need to do is not let how your previous boyfriend acted not affect how you think about the last boyfriend you had. They are different men. At the same time just be a little protective of yourself. Take it as it comes, don't get your hopes up to much as the more you get your hopes up the harder it is if something does not work out. He maybe different. If that seems to be your way with guys maybe you need to think are you going for the wrong type of guy? (not trying to put blame on you). What types of places are you meeting guys? Because some places are simply bad places to meet people for a relationship because you meet the wrong type of person. Hope this helps.

• My first boyfriend - i met him through a close friend
      my recent - church and we have all of the same friends

• Because he loves you fully by his heart?
    But he had to made a tough choice maybe.

• Because he's sad he had to give you up. It's not like you were being bitchy or cheated.

• As you have been told by everyone that he loves you but he cannot overlook religion over his happiness.

• Because they have to work hard again to make another girlfriend

• girls dont cry? its because he love you and when you have broken up it feel like something has died

What Girls Said 5

• Even a guy has a softie spot and get a sentimental moment, sweetie. It shows me they are human with a heart like us.
    By the time he may be ready, Jesus may be coming, so don't hold your breath. You're a good looking girl who deserves Now to be with someone who wants it to take it to the First level, and Lord Only knows he is Out there waiting for an angel...
    Good luck. xx

• Because he has feelings for you but he's allowed religion to get in the way of pursuing his happiness. Probably not the greatest guy to date tbh, unless you're religious.

• uhm.. because he likes you maybe? It´s easy to forget that guys have feelings too..
    Or maybe he´s a good actor and he just fakes the tears and everything..

• because he don't wanna lose you and he loves you so much.

• All guys don't do that