Guys do you change after being caught cheating?

I have caught my ex cheating on me last week. We broke up but he keeps contacting me, I blocked him on all social media and blocked his number as well. He has no way to communicate with me now, I cut him off from everything. I obviously love him but I won't settle for him. He claims that will change and all that...
I was wondering if guys can change after being taught a lesson... I'm addressing this question to guys who previously cheated on their girlfriends.
Did you change and how?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Nooooo. He will NOOOOT change, and if you let him back he will think "yep, got away with it" and probably do it again anyway.

I haven't cheated, but I have a couple friends who are cheaters. They don't change. It is more than a simple act, it's an entire way of thinking, they couldn't change if they wanted to, which they almost never want to anyway.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The older they get, the harder it is to change ones habits. I was an avid cheater until I met the right person. But it didn't last long and I went back to my old ways. I'm sorry that happened to you, and I would suggest finding another.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• He'll change for a little while. Long enough for you to trust him again. But he'll cheat a second time as soon as he thinks you aren't looking. The only thing guys learn from being caught cheating is to be sneakier.

0|0
    0|0
  • Here's the deal, they CAN change, but y'all's relationship has been forever tainted. You need to move on with your life without him.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm with rthomas. I could never look at my guy the same after he cheated, even though it truly was a one-time mistake. It was never completely healed and it killed us. Save yourself time and leave.

• When someone cheats on you.. That person really doesn't love you, stop thinking about second chances and move on. Cheaters tend to cheat quite often

1|0
    0|0
  • Once a cheater, always a cheater as they say.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cheaters never change.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea. I did when I was much younger. It was long distance. Never did it again. I felt horrible. Not how I was raised or who I wanted to be.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• No, they don't change. They just try to be more sneaky next time. Don't bother with him.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a guy but I have gotten back together with two dudes who cheated, they both cheated again. They both begged for me back... yawn.

0|0
    0|0
  • They will never change. They can pretend to change, but they won't. They never do.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes