My boyfriend and I broke up recently and I don't know if I did the right thing.. Was I wrong for breaking up with him?

We were in a relationship for 7 months, rarely argued, had the same thought process most of the time, everything was perfect until he started going out every night last week without telling me or inviting me. He went to a strip club with a friend one afternoon last week and got a lap dance. This is usually not like him. He told me about it after he did it. I was mad but I was willing to let it go eventually. He said if he would have known I would have gotten mad he wouldn't have told me. That turned into another issue and seeing that I was even more angry he kept saying he was gonna start lying to me. So I ignored him for a day and a half. The next night me and my boyfriend ended up at the same bar because we have the same friends and all of our friends were at this bar. I asked him if we could go outside and talk and he blew me off in front of all his guy friends. I was humiliated. Then he ignored me for the rest of the night. I talked and laughed with my girlfriends not mentioning our argument. When it got late he said goodbye to all of my friends (not me) and left me there. I walked home alone and drunk. I broke up with him the next morning (3 days ago). When I broke up with him all he said was "Ok, I respect that." Nothing else! He hasn't tried to contact me since. He's not trying to make anything right.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously he doesn't love you. Don't expect him to run after you because he won't let you go in the first place. Keep yourself busy, engage yourself to things that makes you happy when you are still single. Go out with your friends, not with his friends. And most inportantly, never ever get drunk because it will only provoke you to text him or talk to him. You need to walk away because if he values you as a woman, he won't treat you like a trash.

2|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Remind me, why is it that guys like these get girls again?

1|0
    0|0
    • Like, does life just roll a pair of dice and say, "Hey, you! Asshole! You get women, despite the fact that you are COMPLETELY unqualified to have one!"

• he's been seeing something behind your back, along with having some fun with his friends... no, your not in the wrong..

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• No you were completely right. He is a jerk and should not lie to you about anything. It even seems like he was pushing you to break up with him. And given his reaction to you ending your relationship, he is not worth your time. If he cared about you, he would've apologized and tried to make things right and fight for you.

My ex lied a lot too and the lying only got worse and worse until eventually I'd found out he'd cheated on me and dumped him. His reaction was very similar to your ex's. He did not seem to care and tried to make me feel bad for breaking up with him, didn't try to make anything right. A year later and I am still happier without him. Trust me, you are better off without that jerk.

2|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes