My boyfriend and I broke up recently and I don't know if I did the right thing.. Was I wrong for breaking up with him?

We were in a relationship for 7 months, rarely argued, had the same thought process most of the time, everything was perfect until he started going out every night last week without telling me or inviting me. He went to a strip club with a friend one afternoon last week and got a lap dance. This is usually not like him. He told me about it after he did it. I was mad but I was willing to let it go eventually. He said if he would have known I would have gotten mad he wouldn't have told me. That turned into another issue and seeing that I was even more angry he kept saying he was gonna start lying to me. So I ignored him for a day and a half. The next night me and my boyfriend ended up at the same bar because we have the same friends and all of our friends were at this bar. I asked him if we could go outside and talk and he blew me off in front of all his guy friends. I was humiliated. Then he ignored me for the rest of the night. I talked and laughed with my girlfriends not mentioning our argument. When it got late he said goodbye to all of my friends (not me) and left me there. I walked home alone and drunk. I broke up with him the next morning (3 days ago). When I broke up with him all he said was "Ok, I respect that." Nothing else! He hasn't tried to contact me since. He's not trying to make anything right.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously he doesn't love you. Don't expect him to run after you because he won't let you go in the first place. Keep yourself busy, engage yourself to things that makes you happy when you are still single. Go out with your friends, not with his friends. And most inportantly, never ever get drunk because it will only provoke you to text him or talk to him. You need to walk away because if he values you as a woman, he won't treat you like a trash.