Do women ever truly forget their first love? Also how long did you take you guys to get over your first love?

Do women after time forget their first love, or do they look back on to it? I know us guys we still look back at ours and wondered what ever happened. Also how long did it take for you to get over your first love? And what was the best/most effective way of doing that? For example, getting a rebound, going out with friends, etc.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean, I still remember who he was, but the feelings are gone. I tried to learn from mistakes that I made so next time it is a better, healthier relationship.

How long it takes to get over someone is up to you. You have to decide to let go and accept the past for what it was. You can't fix past mistakes, but you can try not to repeat them. You can bitterly stew against what she did that irked you, or you can accept that she was a flawed human being, just like everyone else. Ultimately, you have to choose to heal, and it still won't be instantaneous, but it will happen.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Never got over her. She'll always be in my heart and mind. But it can't compare to the Love for my wife and the growing we've done with each other.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• I always look back on my first love. It was a really great, crazy time. It took me a full year to get over him. The best to get over it is to spend time by yourself, get to know yourself again. Find your independence. Once I was comfortable being alone, I started hanging out with my friends again and being more social. It the time it was a long process, but looking back now a year to recuperate really isn't that long. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • A woman never forget her first. Every now and then I think about things we use to do as a couple but not that much. But me and my first love are still friends and are actually reknidling the flame. But when we broke up I got over him by listening to songs that empowered me and also I started dated someone shortly after.

0|0
    0|0
  • I forgot him romantically. I don't have any romantic feelings for him. But of course I remember him , I keep memories about him. But that is all about it.
    It took me quite a while to get over him because we were really close. He was my best friend too. I forgot him. It is just a matter of time , none of the break up pains go forever.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I still think about mine. I still think about what could have been. He'd married to someone else now. It took me a long long time to get over him. It just took time

0|0
    0|0
  • Well it wasn't requited so i don't think it really counts as a first love but i got over that dude in like 2 years. Maybe a little less.

0|0
    0|0
    • Unrecruited but yet if it was your THE FIRST LOVE, it does count ma'am.

• I did... but if I see him around, I remember everything.

0|0
    0|0
  • Took me a good year to fully be over my first love. I think of him now and again but I have no desire to see him or reconnect.

0|0
    0|0
  • took me about 3 months to start breathing and living again.. I´m still not over him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I will never forget.

0|0
    0|0
  • women usually don't forget ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • Women will NEVER forget their first love. I surely didn't 😌. It took me about a good year to fully get over him though.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes