Why do people get in rebound relationships?

Does anyone have any insight on why people get in rebound relationships?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes.

When you are with someone, even if you are not having sex, you develop a soul type bond to them. You are no longer feeling so lonely, and you are literally sharing your life, in various capacities, with another person whom you are free to say that you love.

When that ends, for whatever reason, the loneliness comes rushing back in. It can be overwhelming, and devastating emotionally, even if that was not the intended consequence of breaking up.

Thusly, a person faced the with the emotional vacuum of a breakup, will search for the best course of action, and if they are unwilling to deal with the loneliness, they immediately seek to fill that void with another person.

The problem with that, is that other person is often selected based on desperation, not true compatibility, and that relationship will often fizzle out rather quickly. Why? Because there was never a strong foundation when the "new" mate was selected.

They were chosen based on a quick fix.

It is better to deal with the loneliness, to deeply analyze what went wrong, and to scrutinize your own actions. You will come out wiser, stronger, and better equipped to have a relationship with someone of your (wise) choosing.

Always listen to your instincts...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• For me, I believe that people get in rebound relationships so quickly after a hurtful breakup from previous relationship because people have that fear of being without a partner, rather than a genuine attraction and emotional connection. The rebound relationship, it is believed, takes up the space that was left by the previous relationship and provides both stability and distraction from loss rather than a working through, sometimes that is why it ends so quickly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're feeling hurt, rejected and possibly lonely. The 'rebound' makes them feel wanted or part of something again. Quick fix that in the end really won't help.

0|0
    0|0
  • They think it will help them to get their mind off their ex. It usually never helps and the rebond person gets hurt because the person isn't really atracted to them. Its wrong thing to do.

0|0
    0|0
    • Sometimes they can last longer than you might think too.

• Ha you think I've dated one guy after i got duped. Cause he begged me to go out with him i was just done deleting the guys phone number out of my phone. I thought maybe it would be nice to go out get back in the game. But all it did was make the other guy feel bad cause i wouldn't stop talking about the other guy. See wrong its neglectful

What Guys Said 3

• they want to feel appreciated, they want to feel wanted, and they want to divert their mind from the previous relationship

essentially the rebound relationship is sort of a mental band aid in getting over a previous relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually people who do that are the ones that can't stand being alone and HAVE to be in a relationship with someone just for the sake of being in one. They wouldn't know how to function on their own without a signifigant other. Iv known a number of girls who were like that.
    A few guys too.

0|0
    0|0
  • For some people, the quickest and easiest way to get over someone is to move on with someone else. Everyone's process is different. One is not better than the other (and being judgmental just means you think your experiences are more important than other people's).

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes