Guys: Have you ever been friends after a break up?

Recently me and my ex have started a friendship. We were each others first love. Now that a year and some months have passed and all our feelings are gone, we are able to be friends. Have you been able to do this? Have you ever been friends with an ex after a breakup? How much time did you need before you could be friends? Has there been a situation where you didn't want absolutely anything to do with an ex? If so, why? Have you ever tried to be friends and it blew up in your face? If so, do you regret making the attempt?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I could never manage to be friends with my "Ex"
    EX'S are Ex's for a reason so why would you want them still in your life?
    It's best to leave them and block them, Get them out of your life for good and continue your life and wait for the "one".

0|1
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• No I haven't I never will. I find it completely stupid. This is a girls thing exclusively. When will you ever learn to break up with a partner? There is no such thing as friendship between a man and a woman and thats why I leave exes in my past forever.

0|0
    0|1
  • I am still friends with a long distance girl I was talking to. I loved her a great deal, and I still do. We kept talking after the breakup. Now it's a casual friendship. There are still hurt feelings lingering, that I can see. I do not know where it will end up.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tried this with my most recent ex... I started developing feelings again when she wasn't.

Can't be friends after a breakup for that reason.

0|1
    0|0
  • No I haven't ever managed to be friends with an ex in the aftermath, it hurts too much and I just cannot go from being a boyfriend to being just a friend, so I walk away altogether.

0|1
    0|1
  • I usually am, but I know so many women who are dead set on not being cool with their ex.

0|0
    0|0
    • Me too and i think that its kind of peculiar. I find it a common practice to banish your ex out of your life once the relationship has ended. I just feel that if it didn't work out, then oh well and move on. there's not wrong with being cool with someone you use to date

• Nope lolz :D don't work :D

0|0
    0|0
  • People who try to be... are only kidding themselves

1|1
    0|0
  • We tried to remain as friends, but at the end it didn't work out. I just wanted it, but she just was there, so it's unlikely to pan out.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• My ex and i are trying to be friends... but he's dead set on getting back together. I just want to be single, and it was a hard relationship. We went through a lot. I'm taking it quite well but he's a mess and it pains me to see him like that.
    If you remain friends he will think there's a really good chance you guys will get back together.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well good for you. I have never experienced that even though each relationship of me were ended mutually.
    Personally I don't see why I should be friend of him since we already share lots of things that impossible to return. Once you pass the line, you pass the line.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes