Some thoughts about my ex and why we broke up?

As part of my healing and moving on process I've been thinking about where I screwed up and what I could have done different.

When she started to pull away I straight up asked her "Are you ok?, anything we need to talk about? Everything ok?"

I listened to her and I took it all in but she continued to pull away. Two weeks later I get a explanation:

I've been hurt in the past and I have trust issues. If it's going good I pull back, cut contact then try to talk to them a couple weeks later but by that point I've hurt them so much they want nothing to do with me.

Okie dokie, we can work through this. Just know that I love you and I'm here for you.

She pulls farther and farther away, I feel like I'm giving her the space she needs. We see each other after two weeks, end up in a fight and break up.

Maybe I'm wrong but if your a couple and your trying to work it out don't at least have to talk? I mean how can things get fixed if you don't talk about it?

I wrote her a letter but I'm not sending it because it feels too needy still. When she asked for space I should have cut all contact though. Right after we broke up I left, she changed her profile pic of us, changed her status to single and made a post about being single and loving it. I unfriended her so I wouldn't have to see that and get hurt more

Call me a retard but after careful consideration I decided to write her a letter. Nothing pushy or clingy nor excessively apologetic but the ball is in her court. Goes in the mail tomorrow, which means she'll have it Monday at the earliest
Further update, went to a friends to drop off fireworks for her daughter. She's a mutual friend to both parties but she says I'm her adopted son. According to her my ex has a new dude, don't care if she's on the rebound or not but I'm done

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry about the break up :( It sucks... I know. But at least you know where you stand now. Your last paragraph is a perfect motivation for you to realize she's over it and now you should get over it too. You know, it's sometimes good to think back about your actions but it's also worth noting that it's pointless to think you are the only who messed up or did wrong. By the sound of it she is the one who pretty much gave up on the relationship. She's the one who didn't really communicate and didn't seem to have a interest in trying either. In fact, I find it difficult to take her seriously and she sounds quite selfish. I doubt you screwed up as much as you think you did. She has some serious issues if she uses her "trust issues" as a excuse to hurt her boyfriend the way she hurt you... that's so mean. I don't know what type of person gets into a relationship in the first place knowing they have such severe trust issues. A shitty past is NO excuse to ever treat someone horribly. She should have known better. Not you.

Please realize you can do tons better than this girl. You don't deserve someone who can't give you their best.

• Thanks, I appreciate it. I still feel like I'm partially to blame. Even though ultimately I feel like she gave up, she might have moved on or not. I don't know and really am scared to find out.

She knew what my insecurities were and then created a environment the night we broke up that was sure to pick at them. Long story short, I wasn't happy, my friends knew that, I left the bar for food and get a angry phone call. I go back to the bar and I confront her. She then says I cussed her too many times (i said what the fuck?, yup I know but I'm not making excuses for my actions)
      And I didn't give her the space she wanted... it's been 5 days. In those five days I've run the gamut of emotions but I've connected with my friends and joined a gym again. She didn't want me to because she doesn't like me getting any female attention besides hers. I've also joined a band and played guitar in front of a audience. I think I'm moving on but I still hold out some hope she'll call me