I'm dating her but he wants her back? Confused on what's right to do?

So basically they dated years ago and he dumped her for someone else. I was there to pick her up and tell her the truth. I knew him since first grade and it was weird he just dropped her when it seemed like he would never do that. They seemed very well much in love so I did some investigating for her and it just did turn out he met someone else. I guess we both never really knew him. We started hanging out more after that and now two years later we started dating. No we haven't told him and he knows we still are good friends. And we haven't told him just because I don't know how he will react. So after many failed dates and trying to get another solid relationship he began to just give up in a way. She told me she bumped into him on her jog and he told me that too. He said he bumped into her so it must be a sign he should be with her. He started talking about how great she looks now and how he really misses her. Saying she was the one that got away and he wants to ask her out again. Start repairing thing and just settle with her. Yes it did get me angry and I sort of have a feeling if I tell her this she will definitely want him back. Then again I want to tell him to back off and that we are dating.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I think the right thing to do is to let her decide. And just be there for her no matter what the outcome is. Tell her what you heard and ask what she wants.
    I would tell your friend if she says she wants you and doesn't want to get back together with him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't just step to the side for someone else. You are as entitled to pursue happiness as him and everyone else. Stand your ground and tell him that you are dating her.