How to break up gracefully with my girlfriend?

Me and my girlfriend loved each others and had happy time together.
Problems started when I dated another girl behind her back and she is suspecting now or she knows already and needs a solid evidence.
I accepted my mistake and think she deserves better.
How to talk to her about this and end it gracefully?

51

Most Helpful Girl

• OH MY GOD HOW COULD YOU DO THAT NONONO. Cheating is wrong. Absolutely wrong. I understand falling for someone else or not feeling like you are connecting with your partner, but you should talk to them about it.

Apologize to your girlfriend. Profoundly. You'd better mean every word you say, and emphasize how you know you made a mistake. There is a 0 percent chance of her not getting angry, so even if you buy her a diamond necklace while delivering your woeful monologue, she will be pissed. Just give her time to cool off and leave her alone.

What Girls Said 4

• There is no graceful way to get out because you cheated. You need to explain that what you 2 had is gone. You want to move on and she needs better.

• Tell her that the spark is gone and its not fair to her to be in a relationship where your not I love she needs to find someone that will make her feel special

• Tell her that you're a lying cheating bastard and that she deserves so much better then you.

What Guys Said 1

• I think you might want to rephrase that as "graceful as possible" because there is no way her finding out about you cheating is going to end gracefully. There is no graceful way for this to really end.

Just tell her the truth and remember her every tear. Then let her know you think she deserves better and you are moving on. Give her a parting apology. Your own growth will be severely stunted if you lie to her or easily forget her anguish. Dehumanizing yourself may be key to becoming a player, it really is actually, but will separate you from attaining happiness and fulfillment. If you let that happen, you'll always live with a hole inside yourself that you can never fill.