What is the easiest and nicest way I should break up with my boyfriend?

Well this guy and i have been dating for 5 days now and i haven't talked to him for 2 1/2 days already he doesn't live near me either so i never get to see him when i ask him to call me or something he always make up an excuse by saying either oh my phone died... So I think he's lying everytime i ask he says that i dont even have his number or nothing i never heard his voice either..

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd just say something like "you seem like a great guy, but I don't think this will work between us." Also, I'm not sure how old you are, but being under 18 it makes you a target for some people trying to take advantage of you, so it's really best to date guys you've met in person OR have been able to video chat with so that they are 100% who they say they are. Just be honest, and firm with him. It will be likely he will try to beg for you to take him back, but remember you are doing what's best for you! Good luck!

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• You guys haven't been dating for long so he shouldn't take it that hard. Just sit down with her face to face and let her know that you don't think it's going to work out (be sure to tell him why).

0|1
    0|0
    • Okay but I've never met him in real life..

• Show All
    • Then call him? Video chat? Breaking up over text/email should really be a last resort but if that's the only way to contact him, then I guess just do that.

• I can't do that either i dont have his number or nothing he always makes up an excuse to not let me have his number

• No offense meant, but if you literally just started dating 5 days ago, it's not really a "relationship" at this point. Honestly, it doesn't sound like he's really that interested in you, because if he was, he would get in touch with you. Now, it's possible that his phone really did die... I had that happen in my long-distance relationship, but that was months into it, and we had other ways to communicate. I would cut your losses and move on. Send him a message/e-mail and explain that it's not working out. Or, maybe just stop messaging him, if he's unwilling to respond (I only offer this advice given that it's only been 5 days. If it were 5 months, that would be different).

0|1
    0|0
  • Dump him just dump him if u never seen him dump him. Long distance relation ships dont last.

0|0
    0|0
    • They can last if each person is committed and at least one person is willing to relocate. I've been in a long distance relationship with a great lady for nine months. We're a thousand miles apart, but we've visited each other and I'm planning on moving up there when I can. We are heading towards engagement. In the OP's case, yes I think she should walk away. However, successful long distance relationships are most certainly possible.

What Girls Said 4

• Tell him that it's not working out with you. That this is not a relationship you want.

He probably isn't the guy on the phone.
    You're more than likely being catfished.

Just end it and block him. Only 5 days not 5 months nor 5 years.

0|1
    0|0
    • Im thinking that im getting catfished only if he will respond to my messsages on facebook.. but he doesnt..

• I don't think he is the real guy. Just end it, it's not going anywhere. Don't bother being nice. Every girl needs to be a B at times.

• Give him a kiss on the cheek and say its not working out.

0|0
    0|0
  • If a relationship would last longer than 5 days. That would be great.

So you're in a relationship for not even a week and you haven't talked to him for 2 days.
    How many times did you call him already if he lies everytime you ask?

If you love someone, you'll respect that person, and personal space. And if there's a problem, you'll try to talk it out. Trying to see what the problem between you two is, and make it better. If it's not working, you'll give that person a few days to get better until he comes to you, so he can tell you whats wrong himself.

Breaking up with your 'boyfriend' after not even a week since he didn't talked to you for 2 days due uncertain reasons, shows that you're definitely not ready for a real relationship yet.

You people are free to correct me if I got something wrong, doesn't makes sense or if you simply don't agree with my opinion. I'm open for other point of views.

0|0
    0|0
    • oh oh or he's just a jerk. That could be a reason too.
      Or he just pretends to be someone he's not and don't wants the lie to come out. Just.. break up with him if you aren't sure. He won't die. And that would be the best and safest option for you I suppose.

• But I don't know him in real life either I don't know if he's real or not for one he always makes up an excuse when i ask him to have his number he doesn't give it to me so I don't know if he's real or not

• Then ask him one last time. If he's being talkative this time, do that what I told you in my previous comment. If he's making an excuse again, tell him that you want to talk. Otherwise you're breaking up. Now he has two options. Talking to you. And letting you down. If he tells you that he can't talk to you, drop him. You two aren't ment to be together then.

• Over a text

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes