Did I get played? and How can you tell if a guy is a player?

Anyway i met this guy back in April, I thought he was amazing. Extremely funny, and super sweet. Took me out on expensive dates and went on for about 2-3 months. I actually thought we were going to be together, because of all these gestures and the talk about the future, like he was going to commit. he even showed vulnerability Out of nowhere, he broke it off. The next day I found out, he got into a relationship with someone else... Did I get played by this guy? How can you tell if you a guy is a player?

17

Most Helpful Guy

• it sounds like the guy was seeing someone else along with you. Maybe you were just one last hurrah before he got with the other girl.

If you slept with him and he left you like that then yes you got played. If he just lead you on and then pulled a disappearing act then he is still being a douche but not as much as if he lead you on, slept with you, then left you hanging.

Honestly unless you get a straight story from this guy you are never going to know, and Ill bet you money he won't ever come clean. Id stop worrying about it and move on, it will save you head ache and heart ache.

• That was pretty much what I was going to write too

• Yup, I was completely wrong about him. It's just very ironic because he was the one that said "Good guys exist". I'm not mad at him, but I'm very disappointed. I am moving forward though. If he comes back then it's meant to be but if he doesn't I'm fine with it as well. But thank you so much for giving me insights about my situation

• Thanks for MHO, sadly guys who go on and on about the whole good guys exist typically aren't good guys. I prefer to show people that that I am a good person. Not talk about it. To be honest words are just that. Actions are what yo have to do in order prove what you say.
      I am sorry that this happened.