Should we have a sit down conversation about our relationship, or should we just go our separate ways?

So I have been seeing this guy for about 2 months now, the first month and a half went really well, we hung out about twice a week and talked every day. We got a long really well, laughed and had fun. Then about 2 weeks ago, we got into an argument, we talked things out and got over it but then we started to realize that maybe we wanted other things. I wanted a relationship (nothing serious, like an engagement but someone to be with) and he wanted to do his own thing. Before I left on my vacation, I laid it on the line and told him how I felt and he said we'll talk when I get back. While I was away, I did some thinking and I don't know if I want to even try with him any more. So I don't know if we should bother getting together and talking about it since I think we both know it's over, or if I should just stop communication with him and move on. What do you suggest I do?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• 2 months in?
    I would say its better to just let him know things aren't working out, give him a satisfying reason, then go on.

Be firm in your decision. If you waiver that is something that could be taken advantage of later on.

• Thank you for your advice, it just kind of feels awkward right now that I don't even really want to talk to him, but I know we need to have that closure talk. Should I just ask if he wants to talk, or be more relaxed and suggest a dinner or something?

• Okay thanks! you've been very helpful

• You're welcome hun, I hope things turn out well for you. Sorry things didn't work out either, that's always a bummer. Best wishes

Most Helpful Girl

• What ever you do don't just stop talking to him. You wouldn't like it if out of the blue he decided to avoid you like the flu and gave you no reason why. You guys should talk. Even if it feels awkward. Then after talking (depending on the situation) move on.

Good luck.

• Thanks for your help, I agree I think it would be best to have that, so we both have closure but I just don't want to have that conversation.. but I guess who does hey? lol

• I know it hard and super awkward. It'll be totally worth it though if you're able to do it.