Somedays I just want my ex to say sorry I hurt you and broke your heart?

All I want for him to acknowledge the hurt and distress he caused me but I know that it will never come. I accept now he used me but to dump me and abuse me over and over and not feel remorse is hard to overcome. I'm scared to take a chance with anyone and doing ok being single.
Best way to overcome this will be appreciated not the usual get over it and move on some things people can't get over easily

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Let it be, get past it, an apology's useless at that time. Don't worry about him becoming a better person, just focus on yourself, an apology is the last thing you need (and realistically, people almost never apologize). Just be happy he's gone and don't be so hurt easily, sometimes you have to determine if a relationship is worth it and you have to cut short the torture. Just think about other things right now, don't think about him.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• You are going to be waiting a long time for that apology. I am in the same situation now - it's kind of like, whoever hurt you is the only person who can make you feel better, but that is a cycle of abuse. He's got you hooked. Think about - if a normal person treated another human being so disgustingly, they would have remorse and apologize. The fact that he can abuse you and walk away shows that he is a sociopath and a very dangerous person. He did you a favor, cut him out and move on. He would have destroyed you. Be strong. I heard a great saying the other day -"Don't compromise yourself, you're all you've got". Good luck and be strong:)

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• The right thing to do is always simple, but it's frequently very very hard. :-( Getting over a really bad relationship is a hard thing to do. Ya gotta do it though, or stay emotionally where you are. Unless you like where you are right now, and it sounds like you don't.

Your best bet is to spend some time re-discovering single life before you try to get with anyone else. Get right with yourself first.

0|0
    0|0
  • The best way to overcome that relationship is to heal and better yourself so you strong enough to wonder how you ever fell for that bullshit.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just got out of a relationship after being singe for a long time, I ended up getting emotionally attached pretty soon because all the sex.

She though was just using me to fill her needs and not providing the other end of a relationship, companionship, small talk, getting together for coffee etc. she always had something to do, unless it was time for me to fill in for her dildo. I never heard from her or got any real companionship from her, unless it was physical; its tough cause I like a retard let my heart get all wrapped up in what my mind was yelling get away from!! But she led me on, so I ended it.

The thing is you might never hear that from them, specially if they're narcissistic, they'll want to know from you that you are heart broken, but they'll never be sorry, they're incapable of empathy

0|0
    0|0
  • Closure. It's a common thing to want

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes