Somedays I just want my ex to say sorry I hurt you and broke your heart?

All I want for him to acknowledge the hurt and distress he caused me but I know that it will never come. I accept now he used me but to dump me and abuse me over and over and not feel remorse is hard to overcome. I'm scared to take a chance with anyone and doing ok being single.
Best way to overcome this will be appreciated not the usual get over it and move on some things people can't get over easily

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Let it be, get past it, an apology's useless at that time. Don't worry about him becoming a better person, just focus on yourself, an apology is the last thing you need (and realistically, people almost never apologize). Just be happy he's gone and don't be so hurt easily, sometimes you have to determine if a relationship is worth it and you have to cut short the torture. Just think about other things right now, don't think about him.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• You are going to be waiting a long time for that apology. I am in the same situation now - it's kind of like, whoever hurt you is the only person who can make you feel better, but that is a cycle of abuse. He's got you hooked. Think about - if a normal person treated another human being so disgustingly, they would have remorse and apologize. The fact that he can abuse you and walk away shows that he is a sociopath and a very dangerous person. He did you a favor, cut him out and move on. He would have destroyed you. Be strong. I heard a great saying the other day -"Don't compromise yourself, you're all you've got". Good luck and be strong:)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE