Is your ex wanting to hang out as "friends" a bunch of crap?

I don't buy the "I don't want to go out anymore but I want to stay friends" crap. I have never wanted to stay friends with an ex soon after a break up, esp if I broke it off, unless I was unsure of my decision or wanted to use him as a cushion, which I've never done. I think this is manipulation to keep you around in case they change their mind. Thoughts?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe. But no one said you have to take them back. I'm friends with one of my exes and at first I thought she was manipulating me so she could date whoever and come back to me when things didn't work out and in all honesty she may still be doing that but do I care? No not really. You only feel like your being manipulated when you feel like there in control and your not. She could come groveling back tonight and I could look her in the face and say no if I wanted too. I'm still in control of my actions and I can date whoever I want. Why? because we're just friends. A lot of people take the whole lets just be friends thing personally and place themselves on the inferior end if the stick. But hey just because your in there friendzone doesn't mean your in everyone else's and you can do whatever you want while your just friends. If you feel like he's manipulating you it's because your still staying hooked on and committed to him instead of moving on and meeting some new people. Being just friends isn't a consolation prize it's just a different way to enjoy the same person. That is if you can get over the pain of breaking up and you still want them around.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Trust me.
    It's best to stay away from him, EXS are EXS for a reason and it's best to keep away as it only causes annoyance and stress and heartache.

You'll thank me later.

0|0
    0|0
  • When he says hang out as friends, he just wants to be able to bang you again. I hope you don't go along with that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Or keep you around because it's a power thing.
    All bad.

0|0
    0|0
    • I can understand if an ex feels they made a mistake and wants to try to get you back, but to actually say "lets be friends" doesn't make sense. Either we're going to give it another shot or we go our separate ways.

What Girls Said 1

• When people wants to stay friends, it's because they either want you as back up or they feel guilty about the break up.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes