The meaning of "taking a break"?

What does it mean to take a break from each other to guys? Is it the same as a break up?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No, its just pause in relationship to take deep breath and think what next. Or thinking like is your life without partner. Sometimes its helping and relationship / partnership will get new power. And sometimes it will cause end of relationship.
    At least if you will do it, you will see if you are missing your partner or not. If not, its clear - probably will be end but you can remain good friends and maybe.. sometimes.. in the future.. who knows..
    If you will miss him, you can say yes.. thats it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm the one that said we need a break and that's because one minute he's hot and one minute he's cold with me because he's stressed out. I miss him a lot and we still talk to each other and he wants to see me again but is it normal for guys to flirt/ be interested in other girls while being on a break?

• Yes of course. If there is love ( and i can see yes), such a king of separation is working like booster. Only one small warning..( I saw this mistake few times) - this " break" shouldn take too long. In this case it is like signal " I dont want you anymore".. so its needed to find " middle way".
      If this middle way is applied, all is working like charm after finishing break.
      A nd break - it isn't stopping conversation ( call, text..) at all. Its like - one of you is on the " bussiness trip". Good luck!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• It's the first step to a real breakup. Usually the people who go "on a break" just aren't ready to admit yet that they want to breakup for good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not interested in a relationship for the time being..

0|0
    0|0
  • Taking a break can also meana that to try and give attention to other perspective in lofe

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a death sentence to relationships. He's letting you down easily

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm pretty sure it means something complicated came up and he needs time alone, or he was a little uncomfortable and needs some space. So most of the time it means what it means, just a break and he wants to get back together. Just give him some time then start talking to him see how he's feeling.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's pretty much him trying to see if he can get back out there and pull girls while keeping you around just in case he's bad at it. Taking a break is a way to break up without actually breaking up but yeah it's still breaking up.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• "Taking a break" from one another doesn't mean necessarily mean "Break up" if it doesn't have to happen. It's almost like a test of time for both people to get away from one another and do some soul searching to find out in the end if it is Really-----Meant to be. And to put their hearts to a test as well to find out if it is a "Hit or miss" when it comes time to where one another needs to Really be... when everything is said and done.
    Sometimes two people realize "Taking this break" that they love and long for one another enough to go back into it with Wider eyes open, making a fresh start. But it doesn't always mean That's what happens, for if they realize they can't do it anymore, there's nothing left to save, that they gave it their All, then it is a Clean break and a-----break up.
    However, breaking up doesn't always have to mean "Goodbye" forever. Many couples find that with their "Taking a breaks" and taking their lives into anothert level in the end, that they "Can't live with each other, Can't live without each other," and end up Being friends till the end.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is almost break up but lighter. It means you are kinda free to go other people. I feel it is a preparation for break up.

0|1
    0|0
  • It could mean just time apart to get a clear head or to evaluate your relationship. I don't really think you need a break for that. I had an ex that told me we should take a break and he told me that didn't mean date other people meanwhile he was cheating and when I found out he said we were not together. So he didn't want me to explore my options but thats clearly what he was doing. Instead of asking for a break he really just wanted to see other people. I have a friend that took a break from her boyfriend to see if they missed each other ;). My point is both people need to figure out why they are taking a break and if this could possibly benefit the relationship or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means someone wants to figure out what they want before going further into the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • normally a bad sign

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on the situation. The person who wants a break usually is contemplating on breaking up but can't seem to go through with it. On rare ocassions the person may just be going through a rough time and they need their space but don't want to lose the person.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes