Why is he calling to see if I am ok?

My bf broke up with me to be single totally out of the blue and unexpected we never fought I always give him his space and respect him completely. He is working 3,000 miles away from home for the summer so he broke up with me over the phone well now he is calling every 3-4 days just to see how I am I tell him I am great and he is asking if I am his friend and if I hate him but I don't I want him back but I am not going to beg or even ask I want to respect him and give him space we were together for almost 2 years his whole family and friends adore me and when he broke it off he told me I was the most amazing woman in the world and that it wasn't me at all it was him. So question is why does he keep calling me to see how I am? Do you think he may want me back eventually? I think that he cheated and felt guilty and broke it off that is what my gut is telling me but I don't know

Updates:
So he called and was asking me why I never call him why I didn't freak out or yell at him this is so weird. I told him have I ever yelled or bitched at you? He said no then I said then why would I start now? I am doing good I am busy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think your gut feeling is right. With the description of things up to now, I don't see it being any other kind of break up than he cheated and felt guilty. If it was all about him, then he couldn't trust you enough to list off some of the problems he's facing and feels compelled to leave? No -- its because he can't because he screwed up.*

He'll have to lose you to understand what he gave up; not every guy of course, most of us can appreciate what we have enough to not cheat without having to lose it. He may go his whole life and never find another girl like you.

I'm sorry you are going through this, and you didn't even do anything wrong.

* = probably.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• 5 things guys do to get back into bed with a girl.

1. “I’m just checking in to see how you’re doing.”

2. “I just want to be friends.”

3. “Nobody understands us.”

4. “I’m really happy you found a new guy.”

5. When all else fails – act weird.

I'm not saying that is his aim but the chances are high from what you've said.

0|0
    0|0
  • He is afraid of being cast as the bad guy. Whatever the reason for breaking up, I would suspect someone else, he is worried about how he is perceived by his actions.
    I would tell him to concentrate on his work and leave you be to heal instead of constantly re opening the wound he inflicted. When he returns if you want to get with him, it's your call, but I wouldn't say its a good idea. Call his bluff and let him live with his decision and move on with your life.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think he's fishing to see if you are still interested in him. It's kind of bizarre that he's calling you 3-4 times a day in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Divine Wisdom dictates there are three kinds of relationships. The first is inhabited by two takers, short lived at best. When one or the other is done taking it is over. The second relationship is inhabited by a taker an a giver. It can go on for a very long time. The taker will take as long as the giver can give. The giver needs to be given to or they will eventually be sucked dry. This relationship is doomed to failure due to the fact it is unequally balanced. The last relationship is inhabited by two givers, HEAVEN on earth. Two people trying to out give each other. If you are not in a relationship that consists of two givers then I suggest you keep looking for the right relationship, it will save you a bunch of heart ache...

0|0
    0|0
    • He's having he is having his cake and eating also. He wants to enjoy life but doesn't want to throw away his giver... I see it as you are in a giver/taker relationship. You are the giver and he is the taker. Trust me when I tell you this, no matter how hard you try and how much you give. If he is truly a taker your relationship will end badly and you ill be the one hurt... Chivalry dictates that I tell you to be careful and protect your heart. It hurts to give all and be stepped on, especially for a girl. Guys can be emotional but girls are 95% emotions...

• Sounds like he's testing you. He wants to see your reaction.

0|0
    0|0
  • He wants to see how hurt you are, it's a test

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Well honestly I think guys always want to be the 'nice guy' even after dumping a girl so maybe he's still trying to be there for you because most girls go crazy after a guy breaks up with them (I'm guilty) and chase after the guy.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes