Why is he calling to see if I am ok?

My bf broke up with me to be single totally out of the blue and unexpected we never fought I always give him his space and respect him completely. He is working 3,000 miles away from home for the summer so he broke up with me over the phone well now he is calling every 3-4 days just to see how I am I tell him I am great and he is asking if I am his friend and if I hate him but I don't I want him back but I am not going to beg or even ask I want to respect him and give him space we were together for almost 2 years his whole family and friends adore me and when he broke it off he told me I was the most amazing woman in the world and that it wasn't me at all it was him. So question is why does he keep calling me to see how I am? Do you think he may want me back eventually? I think that he cheated and felt guilty and broke it off that is what my gut is telling me but I don't know

So he called and was asking me why I never call him why I didn't freak out or yell at him this is so weird. I told him have I ever yelled or bitched at you? He said no then I said then why would I start now? I am doing good I am busy

17

Most Helpful Guy

• I think your gut feeling is right. With the description of things up to now, I don't see it being any other kind of break up than he cheated and felt guilty. If it was all about him, then he couldn't trust you enough to list off some of the problems he's facing and feels compelled to leave? No -- its because he can't because he screwed up.*

He'll have to lose you to understand what he gave up; not every guy of course, most of us can appreciate what we have enough to not cheat without having to lose it. He may go his whole life and never find another girl like you.

I'm sorry you are going through this, and you didn't even do anything wrong.

* = probably.