Have you ever had your heart broken? How did it affect you?

Have you ever had your heart broken? What happened and how did you get over it?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• yes... It's the most painful of all, more painful than physical pain.. During that period, its my emotion that triggers me much.. I felt so heavy inside (not physically).. I cried so hard (alone on my room), I let it all out (I never let anyone see and I never told anyone that I cried) till I fell asleep.. Then the next day and following days, I felt lighter and my mind works more than my emotions.. I cut my contact/connections with him.. I go out and have a long walk, started to feel good again and talk some friends and keep myself busy.. I think its because I never kept those hurt feelings inside me for long time (I let it out through crying) thats why I moved on faster and started to be happy again...

0|1
    0|0
    • thanks for MH,..

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• I've been only in one relationship and the girl cheated on our 1 year of relationship over her previous abusive ex of 3 months.
    I really don't know when I was betrayed.
    She called me out of the blue to tell me that she doesn't love me and don't see a future with me.
    So I should forget about her and our relationship.
    She also added that loving me was a mistake for her.

I wish I could tell you that I was being a bad boyfriend and pushed her away, but the worst part is that I wasn't. She would always tell me she loved me more than anyone else she has ever dated. She would always say that I was perfect for her.
    I tried so hard to be the best boyfriend I could possibly be but I guess it wasn't good enough.
    I also offered her to stay as friends but she refused.
    So I let her go and deleted her phone number the day we had this convo.
    Since then I haven't heard from her/seen her.

I still don't know what did I do wrong?

I don't know whether I'm over it or not because I just shut it all out like it never happened.
    I still think of 'why she left me' part.

It destroyed my outlook on love, my future relationships and the peace within myself.
    The hardest thing to do is to watch the one you love, love someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, had it broken, torn from my chest, flung against the wall and crushed with her heel as she laughed.
    She felt she was losing her identity and decided to find it with another guys dick. She simply forgot to tell me she was going to start sleeping with other men.
    I licked my wounds, took a lot of time to myself and did some soul searching. Figured out what I wanted and needed. I came out a wiser man in the long run.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure I got my heart broke once it was a horrible experience considering what she was to me. But I also got something in return happiness, pain and inspiration that I've used for writing and painting. I've since moved on but I don't think I'll ever fully move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I Failed two test and almost screwed my college G. P. A. I bawled my eyes out and lost a desire to play sports and workout for about a week. I also could not sleep.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, it was bad and I never got closure, which made it worse.
    I literally only left my bed when I needed to and went to class. Then I came back to my room and cried and slept lol.
    Time healed everything. You have to allow yourself to hurt and feel sadness in order to move on. Keeping it bottled up will only make it worse. I began to focus way more on school and working out and that kept me distracted.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course but it is what it is lol
    I got dumped twice by the same person. Loser, lol. it didn't affect me like I thought it would the second time around that is. There's only so much shit a person can take. You get over things by focusing on yourself and becoming a better you and that's what I did and that's what I'll always do. c:

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it felt excruciating I Wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    the one person I thought would never hurt me did, and didn't seam to care how much he hurt me.
    I didn't want to go out I didn't want to see anyone but I suddenly had all this spare time that I would've spent with him.
    so I put on a brave face and I forced myself to see my friends, and pretend like I was fine and I went to work even though its the last place I wanted to be. I kept my head held high. I wanted him to see I was fine without him. I wasn't broken like he thought I would be and its was actually his loss. Hell have to live with that for the rest of his life, that's the best revenge.
    But in all honesty its not that the pain goes away or you can stop the thoughts of them. You just try to focus on everything else and keep faith that there are good people out in the world and you will find one for you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I did. It left me very depressed and self destructive until I got over the person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, my last boyfriend broke up with me out of the blue one day to let me know he wanted to date someone else, and didn't want to "cheat" it was pretty awful and I was fucked up for a little while. He ended up calling me six months later to tell me he made the biggest mistake of his life blah blah blah, I got back together with him, we were back together about three months when I realized I had dodged a bullet before and never should have tried to salvage anything. As luck would have it, he cheated with the same chick he left me for, I saw an out, and I took it.

So now his heart is broken.
    Boo hoo.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes and I never knew I could be in physical pain due to a heartbreak. We broke up because we were too jealous for our own good. Our jealousy took it's toll on the relationship and we both realized it had to end. I got over it by spending time with my friends and working a lot, just anything to keep me busy.

Second time my ex fiance had cheated on me. I found out when the woman he was sleeping with called me and harassed me. Only way she could have gotten my number is if she had access to his phone. So he confessed and we broke off the wedding. It took me about a year to get over it, maybe even longer. But again, spending time with my friends and focusing on my studies really helped.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes