Mean ex boyfriend calling names and being rude?

Ex boyfriend, after a rocky breakup where I was the cause, is calling me hateful names and being hateful to me, but then telling me to be safe when I go out and telling me he loves me. What does this mean.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• He's currently calling you hateful things and that he loves you? Did you cheat on him? Sounds like that's it. Anyway, he's confused. Sounds like a nice guy that got fucked over. Care to elaborate more?

• He was being a terrible boyfriend and I felt I deserved better. We broke up, and we're broken up for about three months. A month into the breakup, I slept with someone else- but my boyfriend did a lot of growing up and changed a lot of his lifestyle. In that, we decided to give it another go, but before we did I told him I had been with someone else. A few months into dating again he told me he was leaving, because I did what I did.

He refuses to FaceTime me, call me, and hides behind his texts, because the things he's saying to me he wouldn't be able to to my face. I know, we dated for three years. Now he's hiding behind his phone.

• Why was he a terrible boyfriend?

• He was becoming outwardly violent and pushing me away due to some personal reasons of his own. (Never once hit me or was abusive so no worries there) but pretty much shut me out of his life and became physically aggressive (punching walls, breaking doors). I had grass is greener syndrome. I had been with him for three years and I thought I deserved different.

Most Helpful Girl

• He still wants to be with you but he is VERY hurt by you, so he doesn't think he can trust you.

• I understand, what would you suggest to help him overcome this hurt? Time? Space? I know the name calling isn't right on his part, but I've said things out of spite too in my life to people, so I can't judge anyone.