Best ways to get over a breakup?

My boyfriend and I were together for almost four years. We had been fighting a lot just before the break up but I had thought we were working through our problems. I still love this guy even though he left me the reasons he gave me were that he wasn't good enough for me and then that he wanted to be free without commitment. I feel incredibly betrayed because he basically said I wasn't enough for him. I don't know how to get passed this especially since he was the guy I was planning the rest of my life with and as far as I knew I was the girl he wanted to be with for the rest of his. I feel like a fool because I gave everything up to try and make this guy happy and I still would. He says he wants to still be friends but I'm not going to initiate anything for fear of looking desperate. I don't know how to be just friends with this guy when I love him and want another chance. How can I get passed this in a healthy way while still being open to having a relationship with him if he does decide this was a mistake and he does want me back? Also is there any way to convince him to give us another chance without pushing it on him or looking desperate. I don't want to right away of course because I don't want to depend on him as strongly as I did in the past.
  • You have a chance to get back together.
  • Just move on and forget about the guy.
  • Move on but continue to be friends.
    Vote C
  • No opinion.
    Vote D
I already tried to talk to him about giving us another chance and that's when he said that he wanted to be free...
I appreciate all the advice but I don't have any friends except for two one who is a 40 year old man who constantly hits on my and is close friends with my ex and the other is a girl my age but she is also better friends with my ex than I and

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Getting past this but still being open to a relationship isn't being past it. You really have to fully commit to being past it. If you do and for some reason he tries again in the future that is something new and different and will need it's own beginning. If it is built on this then it is just a continuation. So truly move on. Block his Facebook page, don't go hanging around places you know you might "accidentally" bump into him. Make your life yours. It will hurt and suck and just bee horrible... for awhile. Then it gets better. But this only happens if you're committed and want it.