Can you die from a broken heart?

Is it possible to die, if your heart gets broken? Do you know of someone who has died?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes my auntie susan died of a broken heart when her beloved dog passed.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• I have heard that people can perish from having their hearts broken. A lot of times when people are grieving, they become depressed and even have trouble eating and sleeping. After a while, no sleep and hardly any food or water can really destroy the body. I have never had personal experience with this, but I have heard of people in my general area that have died due to their loss of a loved one.

I hope everything turns out alright!

0|0
    0|0
  • www.mayoclinic.org/.../con-20034635

So no, I guess you don't die. Unless your heart is literally broken (ignoring the chest pain or shortness of breath) or you're thinking of ending your life. DON'T.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. You cannot. Sometimes you see this phenomenon in older couples, where one of the two has passed away- but there are a lot of other comorbidities to consider.

0|0
    0|0
  • It could be a factor, for example if they slip into depression and become suicidal

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean, literally if your heart is broken you're going to die.

0|1
    0|0
  • if someone who has heart disease and something bad happen, maybe YES

1|0
    0|0
  • No, it's not possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, if they lose their will to live.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes!! Marie Curie died of a broken heart!

0|0
    0|0
  • No. On the contrary it makes you stronger :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's possible. I thought I was going to at one point, and believe it to be true based on that experience.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are people who do suicide when they get dumped and they feel their whole world is empty

Yes you can lol

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Yes.
    If you are unlucky enough for several vessels to burst which leads to the other valves not working. Then that will lead to high blood pressure and cardimegally. Heart attack is the next step and bam you are dead.

0|0
    0|0
  • It has been proven that you can die of a broken heart. It is highly unlikely that it can or will hapenn, but, it is important to recognize that it is possible!

1|1
    0|0
  • I think its unlikely since all the time its heart which is not breaking , its one's obession, ego, value and prejudices.. True love never breaks one's heart..

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe so. I think it is caused by weakening of the heart muscle due to trauma, depression, and loss of will to live.

0|0
    0|0
  • A person who has a mature mind will move on and gain a lot of experience in his dating life following a bad relationship or dating experience believe me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. It can lead to stress, depression, and sometimes a heart attack.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it snaps in two, yes.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes