Have you ever had to break up with someone you still had feelings for?

Have you ever had to break up with someone due to distance, lifestyle differences, life crisis, etc. when you still had feelings for them? An ex BF of mine a few years ago was a traveling musician and his dream was to make it big, so we were forced to break up because he wanted to be free to travel the world for his passion (which he is doing now). I was a more traditional type. We still keep in touch but I always think about him...

35

Most Helpful Guy

• certainly. My ex was the one that wanted the divorce. not me. so I have to interact with her everyday but I love her more then the day I married her.. it is very hard.
    and I met someone at the end of may... she just lives too far. so I broke it off but I still had feelings. so now we are kinda back together and giving it a try. but I think the distance is just too much.

• That's hard when someone wants out when you don't, that's painful, I'm sorry. And it's too bad this woman lives so far - I agree that distance causes a strain. When people say if you really love each other you'll make it work, but I disagree. Sometimes the circumstances make it very difficult and you wouldn't be able to change them if you wanted to.