Have you ever had to break up with someone you still had feelings for?

Have you ever had to break up with someone due to distance, lifestyle differences, life crisis, etc. when you still had feelings for them? An ex BF of mine a few years ago was a traveling musician and his dream was to make it big, so we were forced to break up because he wanted to be free to travel the world for his passion (which he is doing now). I was a more traditional type. We still keep in touch but I always think about him...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• certainly. My ex was the one that wanted the divorce. not me. so I have to interact with her everyday but I love her more then the day I married her.. it is very hard.
    and I met someone at the end of may... she just lives too far. so I broke it off but I still had feelings. so now we are kinda back together and giving it a try. but I think the distance is just too much.

1|0
    0|0
    • That's hard when someone wants out when you don't, that's painful, I'm sorry. And it's too bad this woman lives so far - I agree that distance causes a strain. When people say if you really love each other you'll make it work, but I disagree. Sometimes the circumstances make it very difficult and you wouldn't be able to change them if you wanted to.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, I broke up with a girl because of religious differences. We thought we'd be able to work through it, but the pressure from her family started to have a massive strain on our relationships. I couldn't handle being around someone who thought of me as a damned heathen, and she hated that I thought everything she stood for was a fairy tale.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've had to. It was hard, but if I didn't she would have driven me crazy.
    I dated a girl for three years who was co-dependent and nuttier than a
    fruitcake. Her mood swings put me on an emotional roller coaster. I had
    to break up with her or I would have bought a ticket on the Titanic. It was
    hard, but I had to do it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it was the case with my last girlfriend as she had to move and settle farther. I try not to think too much about her...

1|0
    0|0
  • That's bullshit. If you love each other you make it work.

0|0
    0|0
    • Not tryin to be rude... if he's not into traditional as you put it it's understandable. I have a similar occupation. I'm all about traditional. Best part about traveling is coming home to your safe haven. Any relationship takes work and can be difficult. Nothing is easy... ever... even traditional.

• Show All
    • That's a different story then haha

• That just isn't true. as much as you might love someone sometimes circumstances prohibit going forward. you try and make the best of the situation but sometimes your best isn't good enough.

What Girls Said 3

• thats natural you guys were almost forced to break up because of that situation so you were still in love with him / still like him. it happend with me also but my reason was completely different.

1|0
    0|0
    • What was the reason?

• my reason was is that he wanted to do something I really didn't approve he was making a choice that was kind of a life and death choice and i couldnt be with him if thats what he wanted to do and what he wanted was to join the marines and there's a pretty big chance he would get deployed and i didn't want that so i left him.

• I just broke up with my bf because I couldn't take the silent treatments anymore. Life was just getting too hard. I still love him and I wish we could have worked it out but we can't :(

1|0
    0|0
  • My ex finance I think about him from time to time

0|0
    0|0
    • Why did you break up with him?

• Show All
    • Well it's his loss. I bet he'll come back around again, you watch...

• He's already tried 2 or 3 times

Recommended myTakes