Ladies/Gentlemen: Would you have replied to this message?

Without going into all of the intense variables in this situation:

Yesterday morning I wrote my ex a assertive & sincere message about how I believe that the situation between us has be lingering entirely too long and that I believe that we should have face to face conversation about the issues between us.

My ex waited an hour or so and sent me a text saying "I'm really busy right now. I'll let you know. Hope you are doing well"

Am I being an ass by not replying to this extremely vague & bitchy text?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if she's busy, she's busy... sometimes you don't have time for chit chat over the phone. But I agree. To give you a yes or no answer shouldn't have been too difficult. Perhaps she needs time to think things through? Like sometimes you want to think about something so as to give a better answer and have a better judgement. She could have been occupied and having many thoughts. So she thought it be better to gain some perspective on it. I say, don't reply. There's no need to. She said she'll let you know so it's on her to reply now and give a time or date. If she doesn't then write her off. You tried.

0|0
    0|0
    • This has lingered for some time now [2 months, she's been back in her families home state for much of the summer]. Also, I messaged her this yesterday morning.

• Show All
    • Yes try to follow me and see if that helps?

• I don't have the option to follow you unfortunately.

Most Helpful Guy

• No you're not being an ass, you said what you needed to say so just leave it at that. Maybe she'll text you later and if not just leave it and don't worry about her anymore

1|0
    0|0
    • Glad you get it, he doesn't seem to. Its unfortunate other males haven't chimed in.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• i really dont think thats very bitchy or vague... i think she was simply stating that she's really busy right now. and it was nice of her to say she hopes you're doing well. i think you might be looking too deep into this. i would have maybe said "alright well, as soon as possible would be best. thanks." or something like that, yanno?

0|0
    0|0
    • I've kind of played the nice role during this entire situation and felt like she's taken my kind gesture for granted. I also don't feel like her reply back really warrants a another text.

I just feel like she was very abrupt.

• No I think that you should not respond to that. If she really cared about your relationship she would make an effort to fix the problem at hand.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are not being an ass. If she is truly commited to your guys relationship, She should put in an effort to see you or at least give a response with show of affection

0|0
    0|0
  • She needed time to think about it. Either way the ball is now in her court. If she contacts you then great, if not-then start moving on.

0|0
    0|0
    • This entire situation has been dragging on for 2 months now (she went back in her families home state). We're in the same city now and honestly I feel like her text his very abrupt and uninterested.

• Then it seems like its time to move on she wants nothing to do with you. You can't force someone to talk to you.

• Agreed you can't make anyone want to talk to you. But, for weeks now she's told me "I'd like to discuss this in person". That's all I got while she was back in her families home state of MI. Honestly, I don't know how someones feelings on a situation can flip suddenly.

• No but I also wouldn't have sent the message that she replied to.

0|0
    0|0
    • What exactly was wrong with my previous message?

• I didn't say something was wrong with it I just said I personally wouldn't have

• Ahhh I understand.

• No, you arnt being an ass for not replying but rather for calling her reply: "extremely vague & bitchy text"

No, one owes anyone an explanation for their busyness, they are busy and that is it. They don't need to go into details about what they are busy doing. You are not owed that information. So, why do you feel entitled to it? Why is the that you are calling it a bitchy text? Its not bitchy. If I were you I would be happy that she even responded at all... some people receive texts and don't even acknowledge the texter (provided the texter isn't a lunatic).

You did your part, you expressed interest in wanting to talk, which is admirable of you. Now, just wait till she isn't so busy. If she wants to meet she will contact you. No need by the way, to attempt recontacting her at least for a couple of weeks, yes weeks. Also, sounds like you're hurt since you are name calling. The term "bitchy" isn't required.

0|0
    0|0
    • Let me clarify, I find the text to be abrupt and in some cases rude. I am hurt by the fact that the situation between the both of us has stewed for this amount of time. I'm caught in a situation where I'm in the grey zone with someone that I would like to get back together with. I never said that I feel entitled to know what she is doing and since you do not know the recent past between us. It would be best for you to not pass judgement on me in this situation.

I grasp the concept that if/when she wants to contact me, she will. I have no intentions of putting my emotions out there again because I've done this before and felt like I am not being met halfway.

• It would be better if you replied:"OK"

0|0
    0|0
    • I thought about doing this. But, at this point I think the no reply is the best route.

What Guys Said 1

• Nope. She is being a bitch. Just let her stew and see what happens.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes