Ladies/Gentlemen: Would you have replied to this message?

Without going into all of the intense variables in this situation:

Yesterday morning I wrote my ex a assertive & sincere message about how I believe that the situation between us has be lingering entirely too long and that I believe that we should have face to face conversation about the issues between us.

My ex waited an hour or so and sent me a text saying "I'm really busy right now. I'll let you know. Hope you are doing well"

Am I being an ass by not replying to this extremely vague & bitchy text?

82

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if she's busy, she's busy... sometimes you don't have time for chit chat over the phone. But I agree. To give you a yes or no answer shouldn't have been too difficult. Perhaps she needs time to think things through? Like sometimes you want to think about something so as to give a better answer and have a better judgement. She could have been occupied and having many thoughts. So she thought it be better to gain some perspective on it. I say, don't reply. There's no need to. She said she'll let you know so it's on her to reply now and give a time or date. If she doesn't then write her off. You tried.

• This has lingered for some time now [2 months, she's been back in her families home state for much of the summer]. Also, I messaged her this yesterday morning.

• Yes try to follow me and see if that helps?

• I don't have the option to follow you unfortunately.

Most Helpful Guy

• No you're not being an ass, you said what you needed to say so just leave it at that. Maybe she'll text you later and if not just leave it and don't worry about her anymore

• Glad you get it, he doesn't seem to. Its unfortunate other males haven't chimed in.