Why do I still think about my ex and still feel the pain after almost two years?

My ex broke up with me in late 2012 due to distance and her friends pushing her away from me, claiming I was the source of her unhappiness and all (even though it was her not being happy with where she is in life in terms of job and such).

We talked and saw each other for a few months after the initial breakup, then she left to date some guy in March of 2013. Not even two months later, we were talking again, almost every single day, her starting conversation, for another few months until November of 2013.

I haven't heard from her since her birthday in April when I messaged her "Happy Birthday" and she said thanks. Otherwise I typically get no response, even to a simple "Happy 4th of July". Since it's on Facebook, there's not even a seen receipt, so I assume she deletes my messages.

For some reason, even though I've slept with other girls and such since, I still wake up and go to sleep thinking about her. I feel nothing for these other girls, but most things still remind me of my ex.

She's not dating anyone, not from what her Facebook, Instagram, etc.. Shows, and I would know because I still have a lot of mutual friends. She posts sappy quotes on Pinterest all the time, such as "be careful who you make memories with, those things can last a lifetime," "I don't remember what it's like to not feel broken," "never trust your tongue when your heart is bitter," (maybe weird timing, but that was not even an hour after I messaged her for 4th of July) and "there's a part of me that will never be over you."

Our relationship was three years, and was amazing. We always planned to move together and get married from day one. I had to move because of school and the army. I still, to this day, love her and think about her all the time. I just can't seem to be happy, and all the feelings rush back all the time. I don't know if she misses me or not. I just don't know what to make of everything sometimes.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Call her. Don't text, message, or Facebook stalk her. Call her, if she picks up then you have a chance and start off by just asking how she's doing, if there's anything new because you hadn't spoken in awhile. Then let the conversation just flow... if it feels awkward or forced in anyway then she's probably not interested and it could be because of her friends.

0|0
    0|0
    • If she doesn't respond to a happy 4th message, I don't see why she would answer a phone call. And she's a very stubborn person. What do you make of the quotes and such?

• don't think too much into the quotes that you see her pinning because you don't want to assume they're about you. She could have been busy on the 4th and meant to get back to you and forgot... it happens! But, if this is really bothering you that much calling her just to have a conversation will say more to her than words could every explain.

• Unfortunately, if you once loved someone.. The love will remain. I have already been done with my ex boyfriend for 5 years already and I still think about him, the memories, and I even still check his Facebook... I don't have feelings for him, I would definitely never get back with him even if begged. Basically if someone played an important roll in your life more than likely your never going to forget that person causing you to think about that person.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes