I want to get my ex back but I'm unsure if there's a chance. I can't understand his mixed signals. Help would be great!!?

Boyfriend of a year and a half dumped me nearly three months ago. He made up some lame excuse but admitted recently the reason was because he felt like the relationship was getting serious and we have both just turned 18 so we should have some freedom. After the breakup we stayed in contact, hung out multiple times until I realised each time I saw him we just talked about our relationship and what went wrong and it would upset me. I did the usual, begging for him to take me back and all that. Last week he messaged me telling me he thought about getting back with me, but whats stopping him is the freedom that he now has. He said working things out at this moment isn't something he would like to do, but he can't speak for the future yet. It was then i decided to tell him I understand his need and desire for freedom at this age and I'm going to respect that. I also decided it was time I cut contact with him.

I'm wondering if after this phase of freedom, clubbing and drinking every weekend has passed if he will coming back. Will me limiting contact make him realise that I'm not going to wait around, make him realise what his lost? Is there still a chance? We were in love and although we are very different people somehow something just clicked and we worked. Everybody thought we would be the couple that stayed together, because through everything we always worked it out. The only issue we had was his friends were very big on the party scene, and believed if he wasn't with me he would be able to hang with them more often. I think the pressure of his friends has played a large role in this need for freedom. I just miss him, and not having him has made me realise how much I love him and want him back!
There's a chance
There's no chance
GirlGuy
2
1