How long does it take for guys to get over a girl?

Say a guy was dating a girl for a month and both developed strong feelings for another. But the girl stopped it becuase she's afraid of getting hurt. How long does it take for guys to get over girls?

06

Most Helpful Guy

• Me and a girl were dating for almost 9 months and we both had really strong feelings for one another but she broke it of apparently out of fear for getting hurt and hurt me really badly in the process. It's been a couple of months now that we haven't seen or talked top each other and not a moment goes by that I don't think about her and I don't miss her and that I don't think of why she did this and if there's any chance of us getting back together or what I could do.
    I think that in time it might get easier because I feel I was abandoned and betrayed by her and this happened multiple times but I doubt my feelings for her will ever change to a point that I might not love her anymore because she'll be in my heart for ever. I might hope for a very long time that she might change her mind and want to give it a try with me. Really give it a try because I just can't figure out what went wrong.
    I don't know my advice would be try to get over your fear and make it right by the guy because the feeling of being abandoned like this after being show how much she loved you I can't describe anything hurting more.
    I hope you guys get together and work everything out.

• I'm so sorry to hear. Have you tried reaching out to her? If she did it out of fear, most likely she still have feelings too. I really do appreciate your advice.

• In that case, leave it be as you tried everything you can to have lines of communications open. If it's meant to be, she'll come back.

• I'm scared of losing the feelings I felt for her and from her. I don't know if it's meant to be because I have a hard time believing that after everything that happened the end result is nothing.
      I feel like I can't just sit by and do nothing and watch the love of my life slip away but on the other hand I have no idea how I could fight for her since she tied my hands and left me no options. The only thing I tried was trying to make her a little jealous and provoke her on Facebook to see if I can get a reaction and I got one she deleted me. So I don't know what to do and I'm scared of just calling her or just walking up to her because I don't want to get hurt again but again I'd do it in a heart beat if I just knew she wanted me to. So it's an impossible situation and on top of witch I don't know what she's thinking.