Broken up for 2 years, why does it still bother me?

Hello,
I broke up with my ex (first real relationship) 2 year ago. We only dated for 3 months, and I knew him for 2 years back then. He wanted to break up with me. I never thought I was in love with him, but this break up hurt me a lot. It took me a while to get over him. I started dating my current boyfriend a little over a year ago. I am happy with him, but whenever I see my ex with his new girlfriend I can't help but get jealous.

Me and my boyfriend went to Orlando last month. Now, I just saw my ex's Facebook update saying that he finally arrived to Orlando - with his gf! by the way he had no idea me and my bf went to orlando only a month ago.

It bothered me a lot.

Why? Am I still not over him? Or is it normal?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Its quite simple: it was because it was your first relationship. Moreover, it ended when you didn't want it to.

The first time anything memorable happens to us, it sticks with us. Regardless if we want it to or not.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to get over it and stop looking him up on social media.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I don't know. Seems to be something that happens to women a lot. Can't say its ever happened to me. i Generally get over it in a few months.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like you miss him, care to share why you two split?

0|0
    0|0
    • We met in college. He was from there - a small town. I am from a big city. He started the relationship with hopes of getting married one day. And I started it just because I liked him, and liked his company. I told him numerous times that I wasn't ready for a serious relationship and I didn't want to spend my life there. So, he broke up with me..

• Show All
    • Yea.. I must admit, I did regret not compromising.. I really did hurt my feelings though. I wish I wasn't so inexperienced at the time, so I could see how good he was. My current boyfriend is also a great guy, but he doesn't give me the same feelings as my ex did. My ex finished school, everyone thought he was very intelligent, he had a good job etc etc. Everything a girl can ask for.. But my bf didn't do any of that. He is barely starting to focus on his career now..

• look, i can't really tell you what's right/wrong in this situation. Just don't let your self get older with this type of regret on your mind. It's not fair to you or your BF. You'll likely start to slowly, subtly resent him because he's not your EX-BF. You're young, i think you'll do what's best for your sanity. Good luck.

• Residual feelings and thoughts of "what if, or "if only I'd" is causing you to frequently dwell on the past.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Love hurts its hard to get over. Took me three years to get over a guy i was in love with. But i dont know if its over or just less painfull.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes