Broken up for 2 years, why does it still bother me?

Hello,
I broke up with my ex (first real relationship) 2 year ago. We only dated for 3 months, and I knew him for 2 years back then. He wanted to break up with me. I never thought I was in love with him, but this break up hurt me a lot. It took me a while to get over him. I started dating my current boyfriend a little over a year ago. I am happy with him, but whenever I see my ex with his new girlfriend I can't help but get jealous.

Me and my boyfriend went to Orlando last month. Now, I just saw my ex's Facebook update saying that he finally arrived to Orlando - with his gf! by the way he had no idea me and my bf went to orlando only a month ago.

It bothered me a lot.

Why? Am I still not over him? Or is it normal?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Its quite simple: it was because it was your first relationship. Moreover, it ended when you didn't want it to.

The first time anything memorable happens to us, it sticks with us. Regardless if we want it to or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to get over it and stop looking him up on social media.