I'm coming out of a divorce, and I don't know how to get back out there?

Just like the title says. I'm coming out of a divorce (a very sudden, unexpected one, and not my choice), and I don't know how to get back out there. To be honest I wasn't really out there in the first place. She made the first move, basically just to get out her previous relationship. I had already given up on myself at the time, and now after being used for five years and then kicked to the curb I'm right back where I started. My job doesn't take me close to a lot of available women and all my friends are married or in the process of getting that way, and none have any single friends. I don't trust dating sites, they all seem like scams to me, and I am definitely not going to go sit around a bar by myself looking for one night stands. I wanted to be a good husband and father, but I'm already getting past the point where that can be a possibility. To top it off, the experience has severely damaged my ability to trust anyone. My (ex) wife was the first and only person I have ever truly trusted, and that ended about as badly as it could without her actually harming a member of my family. Most days I can't even pretend to have hope for the future. Today's a better day, and I'm at least trying to entertain the notion. But no matter how hard I try, I can't figure out how I'll ever meet anyone else.

I don't really know what I'm asking. Just advice of any kind, I guess. Things to consider. Anything that can give me a confidence boost would be good, though that's not really possible here, I suppose.
And the first response I get is a PM from a spambot, lol. That'll help the old trust issue,
I'm updating this just to get it back up on the board. There's still an MHO up for grabs ;-) . Any personal experiences to share, or similar situations?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sure you have one or more things that intrest you. Join a group that is geared twords your intrest. Take time for yourself and enjoy life , once you do that it helps boost confidance and makes you more open to meeting new people. Best of luck to you.