What are my ex BF's intentions?

My ex broke up with me a month ago due to complex life circumstances that won't change anytime soon. He started emailing/texting me soon after the break up. We hung out last night with a group of people and it was great - he was attentive but not pushy (he bought me dinner/drinks, sat with me) and I played it cool. He asked me if he could see me again on Saturday, just the two of us. I know that he does not want to go back to the way it was and neither do I. What do you think?

10

Most Helpful Girl

• He wants your attention back. He wants to make sure that, even though you two broke up, that he still "has" you. I'm glad you don't want to go back that way, because it just leads into more confusion.

• Yeah I figured as much. I can understand though, because I kind of feel the same. It was too complicated when we were involved and now that we are broken up, it seems easy and fun again. I thought about having a more casual relationship with him but eventually I will want a commitment and God knows when his life curcumstances will straighten themselves out. Probably better that I stay away... I'm so drawn to him though!

• And that's completely understandable that you're drawn to him! Just make sure that you don't act upon them unless you're OVER 100% sure he wants commitment. Other than that, he's just wasting your time. x