Should I finally let go of my ex?

So me and my ex are always on and off, but we always have loved eachother, it's either when I want it she doesn't want it or when she wants it I don't want it. We both have this special connection that we know we don't feel with anybody else. But my ex is scared to get back together because she doesn't want to get hurt again. She says she still loves me and that I'm her first love and everything but is scared and she left me. The Same day she left me I tried calling her at least 10 times because she left me in a text, I at least wanted to hear it from her but she never called me back. I know she is ignoring my calls. It's been 3 days since we've talked I haven't contacted her and I'm not planning to but I'm not sure if she is finally moving on. Usually we know one of us is coming back but I don't know anymore...

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I broke up with first love over a text after 3 years. I expected him to do what you did but instead he texted me back and said he agreed. I was so hurt. I was depressed for months. It took me a year to start dating again and about 3 years to finally get over the idea of "us". It was the hardest thing to go through. I now know what heartache really is but I have never been happier with myself. I have fallen in love for the second time and it's so much different. Words can't explain what I feel now but this new love is what finally made me realize that it's true. You will always love and care about your first love. I will always wish the best for him. But what I have now is so precious that sometimes I almost forget that heartache that I once felt. The scary part is risking that heartache again. Best wishes to the both of you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah and well I'm scared that it's gonna take me that long to get over her because man we both went through a lot together and to finally see all that struggle go in the trash, honestly I'm scared but I know I have to face it, thanks.!

• Show All
    • Well on Monday night I send get a long text message through fb saying that I was hurt that she was ignoring my calls, and that it hurts that she was finally moving on and that I was happy for her and that I wasn't gonna bug her anymore, all she did was read it so to me that's saying that she doesn't want it anymore. I know I did my mistakes but I really wanted to make things work with her. I guess it's time to finally let go. Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it, hopefully in a while we start talking again and be good friends

• Everything you've explained to me sounds exactly like what I did. Time heals all wounds even if it may not feel like that at first. Good luck to you

Most Helpful Guy

• Just going to give you a quick tip bro.. I didn't do the NC rule when my ex wanted space because she text me to get a reaction during that time.. Give her space and time to miss you man. If she really does love you then she will be back.. Not to mention every time I ended it with someone I had regrets at the end so its sorta good that she ended it because now its all on her.. Stay active and positive and have fun bro! If she sees that then that will eat her alive!

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah that's how it always was the one who broke it off always came back because we knew we were gonna regret it, just this time she seems pretty serious about it.. but thanks definitely taking this time and thinking if it's all worth the trouble...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Im on the same exact boat. But it's time to move on. I get that you guys love each other, but sometimes thats not enough. if it didn't work out the first or second time wjy would it work out now? Trust me its gunna be difficult at first not to talk to her and all but time heals all. Your relationship has just become a game now. Love yourself enough to move on. Maybe later down the line when feelings aren't so "fresh" y'all can be friends.

0|0
    0|0
    • So you think she is finally moving on, I just wanted to hear it from her but she never called me back and ignored my texts and calls, I really love her and I was willing to do anything to make it work but she is too scared. I don't know anymore

• She hasn't moves on. Thats fursure. But IF you happen to find out she's been going out with other guys its just to distract her mind from you. Nothing more. Just let it be for now, you guys need some space. Give it time so you can get your thoughts together. But like I said this is all just a game now because you guys have been off and on constantly. I understand you love her but you can't force a relationship to happen. Just let it flow.. she's not your first nor your last.

• How long was the relationship and how did you break up?

0|1
    0|0
    • We dated for 2 years and 6 months, and when we would be off I would mess around with some other girl and she found out so she told me she was pretty hurt and how does she know if I'm gonna cheat on her with the girl I would mess around with
      I told her I would give her my passwords but she didn't want to, and she left me in a text saying she was too scared of getting hurt

• Show All
    • I'll tell you something,
      I've done the whole on and off thing. I've been reluctant to get back sometimes and sometimes he has.
      But one thing I realized over 2 years was that nothing anyone told me changed anything.
      My friends have been pestering me to move on for years now, so even if I and everyone else answering this question told you that was the right thing to do, it doesn't mean you'll magically get over her.
      Since it's already on and off, you're probably gonna get back and break up numerous times before you'll finally realize whether it's going to work out.

• Yeah well that's how we not are a lot of people kept telling us it won't work out, but it's been 2 years and 6 months, we've been dealing with that, but I think she is the one that finally gave up, im tired too doing the on and off thing but I wanted to make things work

• Let her go

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I have no other choice, thanks

• It's time to move on. You guys are so star crossed

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• She's not over you just yet, but it's best if you do move on.

0|0
    0|0
    • What makes you say that?

• You can't get over someone quickly if you've been with them for a while, plus being on and off shows that too.

• True true, thanks bro.!

Recommended myTakes