He loves me, wants to marry me one day yet he dumped me... confused?

I've been in a relationship for two years now. Everything was going fine & all of a sudden, he dumps me. He says it's not me but his feelings changed and he needs to find what he wants in life. He says he still loves me but doesn't feel we should be together yet he still tells his mother that he wants to marry me one day. Before we broke up, he asked me to go to the same college he was going because he wanted us to still be together and I accepted. When he broke up with me, I asked him why he asked me to be with him in college. His excuse was "you're my best friend, I love you and I don't ever want you out of my life". His mom recently contacted me and said he's been crying his eyes out and knows he made a huge mistake but still feels the same way. I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS! Guys, I need advice from you're perspective. What does the break up mean?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• I think he just wants to see who he is without you, and to be more independent. It wasn't really because he lost feelings for you but he wants to make himself better as a person and get his Shit together. Personally I think he should've done this before getting into a relationship because it just ends up in heartache with a breakup. If you have feelings for him I would say to be patient with him and talk to him to see what's going on in a neutral environment.

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes